Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best Anime of 2008

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Best Anime of 2008

Since the year is coming to a close in a few days, I figured we could get all our minds together and determine the best Anime of this year. Are there any you would like to recommend for good or bad? Give a reason!

I'll give my list as soon as I remember all the anime from this year.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Otaku Click The Colour Champion darkangel1240 is off to a good start darkangel1240's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Best Anime of 2008

Code geass and Vampire knight. Code geass when i first saw it. I thought it was going to be a little dull because, It had robots. But, when i started to watch a few episodes.. It started to get good. Vampire knight is the best show ever! When i saw the first episode, i wanted to watch more! And, the openings and endings were so good.
    Last edited by darkangel1240; Dec 30, 2008 at 11:02 AM.

Vampire Freaks☠I am not going 2 be on for awhile... ☠

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel1240 View Post
    Hmmm.. There was a lot of good animes this year... I'm making a top 5.

1:death note
    2:Hellsing
    3:Bleach
    4:Vampire Knight
    5: Code Geass
    Are some of these even 2008?

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Depends on if your talking about the original JP air+release dates or the foreign air+release dates. Oh, by the way...

Please give an explanation as to WHY you think it is the best of '08.

...otherwise this thread will become one long list.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Its difficult for the US anime fan community to judge the Japanese releases, as only a small fraction of the broadcast Anime series ever get a decent fansub release... Of the one's I've seen, I would have to pick Macross Frontier, as this is one of the few anime series that have been able to cross over in popularity into the non-otaku community, with its singles and soundtrack releases dominating the record sales charts in Japan, and currently dominating the Blu-Ray HD video sales charts...

For completed US/Region 1 releases, I would have to pick Gurren Lagann. Even though the series was rushed with a subtitle only release by Bandai Entertainment, the series was still able to show the qualities that earned it awards at both the Tokyo International Anime Fair, and the Japan Media Arts Festival...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LenMiyata For This Useful Post:

Twitchy (Jan 11, 2009)

Newbie hokage487 is off to a good start hokage487's Avatar
    Thanks

i no alot of people would disagree with me, but i say THE LAST EXILE, because it really shows what love and be selfless is all about, not to mention the awesome story line and opening theme song , so in the end, nomatter what u say I STAND BY MY DESCION

P.S. i finish the anime on dec 31st at 11:59 p.m.
    Humor, honesty, and honor is the key to live a pure and happy life

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, i personally believe that Cowboy Bebop should make any "Best of" list just because of the sheer depth of every aspect of the show. Everyone has a back story that is explained in detail, they have memorable characters, and the ending is one of the best i've seen ever.

It may not be 2008, but Cowboy Bebop always gets my vote.
    Why hello there!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NeoDeath90 For This Useful Post:

Twitchy (Jan 11, 2009)

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Let's see, some of the anime that I favored back in '08:

Code Geass+Code Geass R2
    Simply put, the BEST of '08. (This is ofcourse MY opinion so dont start freaking out and start saying it isnt people) In my perspective everything about this series was top notch. Animation quality, music, plot, character and mecha design, and the casting of the VAs, all epic. I was rather caught off guard when the series started with the whole, "Japan has been taken over in war" concept and with its ironic setting of the former Britannian Prince Lelouch, working to overturn the Empire while his childhood friend, Suzaku, the son of the last prime minister of Japan worked for this Empire. Then the mecha designs...early on the series the only mecha I had my eyes on was the Lancelot but ofcourse as the series progressed the mechs kept getting cooler. (DUH) The music, very nice. Personally I enjoyed all the OP and ED of the series. Orange Range, FLOW, ALI Project, ah....fantastic.

Lucky Star
    This series did, or rather is doing well for a "Slice-of-Life" genre. Based on the manga by Yoshimizu Kagami which is now headed into its 5th year anniversary, this story of normal high school girls and their daily stories is a nice breath of fresh air from all the fantasy action and all the other animes of the year. With KyoAni (Kyoto Animation) working on the series you knew that the quality was going to be good and...it was. Even with its simply designed characters the cast was able to grasp the hearts of many fans....some more obsessive than others. (Like the case in which led to two of the characters, Hiiragi Kagami and Tsukasa being registered as citizens of the town that the town in the anime was based off of) One thing that caught my attention early on in the series was the EDs. For the first half of the series all the EDs were themes of other shows sung by the cast of Lucky Star at a Karaoke booth.

Hellsing Ultimate OVAs
    What can I say? The over the edge action of the series simply grasped my attention. High animation quality and interesting plot was more than enough to grab my attention. The action of it was simply awesome, possibly the best that I've seen in '08. Although for either the younger or faint of heart viewers might find some of it to be a little "extreme" but nonetheless I felt that it did good.

Minami-ke Okawari/Minami Family Seconds(Unaired in the US)
    Yes, I know it still hasnt made its way into the US but I personally felt that this series should get a mention. Like "Lucky Star" it is yet another slice-of-life genre that focuses on the three girls of the Minami family and their daily life. Jam packed with "normal" daily situations this series managed to keep things interesting and funny in its 2nd season. This series is almost "too normal", except for two of the characters that seem a little..."off". Theres Hosaka whom always seems to have trouble keeping his top on and then theres the cross dressing Makoto, or rather Mako-chan.

Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro/Demon Detective Nougami Neuro(Unaired in the US)
    Yet another series that still has not made its way into the US. Neuro is a demon that feeds off of "mysteries" but once he has devoured all the mysteries in the demon world he decided to move into the human realm. A nice mystery themed anime with a fantasy twist that did fairly well gaining attention. The plot is interesting enough to get hooked but its not as deep as the original manga as one would wish, but the animation quality was rather good and the rest of its quality isnt something to overlook either.

What I look forward to in '09:
    -The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi-chan
    -Ookami to Koushinryou/Spice and Wolf season 2
    -Hagane no Renkinjutsushi/Full Metal Alchemist season 2
    -Minami ke Okaeri (season 3)
    -ToraDora! (Started in late '08 but is still ongoing)
    -Toaru Majutsu no Index/A Certain Magic's Index (Started in late '08 but is still ongoing)
    -Tale of the Abyss (Started in late '08 but is still ongoing)

...and oh so many more.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast