Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best Anime of 2008

Newbie orihime inoue is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Best Anime of 2008

i think bleach had some interesting episodes in 2008 but this year there going to get better i also like death note and alot of anime also i'm new to anime online so please be my friend on here please ^^

Otaku crimson is off to a good start crimson's Avatar
    Thanks

i don't think these qualify for the best of 08... because the 1st i think is already old... and the 2nd and third, i don't think i know it's release year.

1st: clannad
    i know... i know... it's already an old anime... but i've only watched it recently and i love the way it was made... and you never get tired of watching it... plus the fact that the story was well woven...

have you seen the two additional episodes? the alternate ending and the movie?! they so rock!!!

it puts into it a part of everyone of us... you could relate to at least one relationship in the series... whether you swap the guy and the girl really doesn't matter... it's just the way it is... a part of us is in at least one branch of the main plot...

who cannot feel sympathy for everyone in the story... God!!! i cried by the end of the first branch... those starfishes, that wedding, and that goodbye?! who wouldn't be touched?! maybe it's just me... but i know it was very emotional... speaking from experience of having a comatosed special someone in my life... or perhaps even the mere fact of being forgotten as if you have never existed...

or all the rest of the ladies' stories... blaming yourself for the death of your parents and the loss of their most valued work? or perhaps the conflict between the blazing trail of your career or the beat of your heart? or even the mere fact of facing the reality that you actually have feelings for someone?...

i have to say... he is one very lucky guy... what i'd give to be in his situation... ^^,

2nd: sola
    i don't know when this was released... but i watched it over the christmas vacation period... and i absolutely loved the way it was drawn, rendered and told... it has a unique twist both in the middle and ending portions of the series.

yes in strict terms... the ending was sad... but when you interpret it properly... the ending was needed and it was very emotional... just put yourself in any one of the three main characters' shoes... it would both hurt and feel great at the same time...

it is by all means emo... and i guess that's what's good about it.

3rd: true tears
    this one i think is already old but i am not that sure... again... i've only watched it this year.

who wouldn't fall in love with the song? rafulekuti-a (reflectia - that's just how it was pronounced)... hehe... to add... it is a simple story of simple love that not only opens up the soul of one who searches for purpose in life...

can you fly? can you cry? can you love? those questions i believe are the foundations of this series...

i mean... just listen to some of the lines said in the movie: (translated of course)
    "you can fly. everyone has a chance. it's just that not everyone has the will to do it."
    "i can't cry, 'coz i've lost my tears... can you lend me yours?"
    "i love someone else, but my heart falters for you"

unique lines i haven't thought of before... until i've watched this series...
    it is short yet very filled with meaning

----------------

i guess that's about it... those three are the ones that have been embedded into my memory.

honey and clover would have enterd this list had it not been for it's outrageous length and the addition of a season two... sometimes, the short ones win the race... but honey and clover is nice too: "ferris wheels are for slowly cutting through the sky with the one you love". how sweet is that?!
    i'll choose to love whoever i wish to love and nobody can stop me from doing so ----

crimson
    edited from SamBakZa.net

A Returning Soul Twitchy may be famous one day Twitchy may be famous one day Twitchy's Avatar
    Thanks

I would have to say Gurren Lagaan and pardon my bad spelling but I think you know which series I mean.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22388&dateline=123367  5260

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Again and again....a friendly reminder to ALL:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinku no kage View Post
    Please give an explanation as to WHY you think it is the best of '08.

...otherwise this thread will become one long list.
    If this thread becomes just a long list of anime series titles than we'd have to close it down. Please take the time to explain your choices.

~
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

A Returning Soul Twitchy may be famous one day Twitchy may be famous one day Twitchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shinku no kage View Post
    Again and again....a friendly reminder to ALL:

If this thread becomes just a long list of anime series titles than we'd have to close it down. Please take the time to explain your choices.

~
    Im sorry I was called away for a second during my typing of the post so it slipped my mind.

I guess the reason why I think Gurren Lagaan was the best anime during 2008 is because of its great sense of humor. The great characters that were developed and the style of animation that was used was different and not very common compared to the other animes of 2008.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22388&dateline=123367  5260

Newbie michna is off to a good start michna's Avatar
    Thanks

I aGrEe tO SoMe oF ThEm..On mY LiSt cOdE GeAsS PlUs r2,MiNaMi-kEHeLlSiNg oF CoUrSe,ItS HarD To rAtE ThEm bUt anImE ThiS pAsT YeAr ArE TReMeNdOUs....

Newbie NaChan is off to a good start NaChan's Avatar
    Thanks

To me the best anime of 2008, is ...
    REBORN!
    I love this anime well sometimes it was a little boring (when there wasn't action) but really it was great!!!

And the second one is ....
    Chaos Head
    It was awesome this suspence, tension and everything...!
    Until the end it was great I didn't know at all how it was going to end BUT it wasn't in first position cause there was too much girls and it was too short!! TT_TT
    A friend is someone who let you the possibility to be yourself...

Otaku lessaangel is off to a good start
    Thanks

The best anime of anime of 2008 i think was and still if Death Note Or Bleach!!!!
    The world isn't ready for the truth...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast