+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Best Dub Voiceovers

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

The Best Dub Voiceovers

HEY! i've been gone for a while cuz my pc had no connection, but i'm back! i've had a lot of time to think of new threads while i was gone and this is one of them.

I think that it's a tie between FMA and Eureka 7. the actors sound like they are really into it and not just reading it off of sum script. Both of those anime were made my BONES.

But what do you guys think? make sure to explain why you think the anime you chose has the best voice over actors.

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Best Dub Voiceovers

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Actually, the best English Dubs tracks that I've listened to would by the Disney releases of the Miyazaki films. Not only are they well written, they also have big name Hollywood acting talent behind them... (in Nausicaa, they had Patrict Stewart, Uma Thurman and Mark Hamill among others...)

Outside of Disney, the Anime movie feature 'Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust' was originally released with a English dub soundtrack, with the Japanese dub created 6 months afterwards. for Anime series, the 'Hellsing Ultimate' OVA has the outstanding English dub, which in some cases, is even better then the original Japanese soundtrack...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

worst goes off to one piece...luffy sounds way way bad.

FMA really did sound good to me, so i gues i cast a vote for them. but i thought Ghost in the Shell Stand alone Complex was pretty good too.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Newbie Alexencandar is off to a good start
    Thanks

The voice acting in E7 was abysmal at BEST. Just can't get over male characters being voiced by female VAs, it sounds wierd. I saw my first episode in English (episode 27) and quickly watched the rest on youtube/myspace, loved the subbed version.

FMA had good voice actors though, I actually prefered Trinity Blood's english VAs over Subbed though, which was a first for me (as is this post )

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    worst goes off to one piece...luffy sounds way way bad.

FMA really did sound good to me, so i gues i cast a vote for them. but i thought Ghost in the Shell Stand alone Complex was pretty good too.
    I feel ya dude!
    I love one piece, the JAP version. but the dub is so bad. nico has a southern acsent! eww man.

I don't even call the 4kids version "one piece" i call it 'dub piece"

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

Newbie peppermintkiss124 is off to a good start peppermintkiss124's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd have to say that FUNimation does a pretty good job. I thought that the voices in FullMetal Alchemist was pretty awesome.

Newbie Alexencandar is off to a good start
    Thanks

Yeah, funimation in general seems to be pretty good with voicesovers.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

^_^ i'd have to agree, FUNimation does have a good ear for voices! i thought the English track for DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho were amazing! i never had a desire to listen to the Japanese track (only for curiosity) becuz i thought the English was perfect! Even if it didn't match the Japanese voice perfectly, it always matched the view of the character (at least the American perspective)

(side note: did you know voices in DBZ were mostly done by the same guy? Christopher R Sabat does the voices for Piccolo, Yamcha and Vegeta! among many others...)

i also thought the dubbing for Shinesman was funny~! it only had two episodes and it made fun of the Power Rangers and things like that, so neither the writers or actors took it seriously. i thought that it really added to the humor! it was definitely funnier than the Japanese version, but that's a matter of culture~!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast