+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: best length of an anime series

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: best length of an anime series

I honestly don't care. As long as it's good and engaging, It can be any number. It would have to maintain the good storyline though, and not mess up to make it look like crap. The reason Naruto is over 200 is because 60+ are fillers, which are crap. Not many people enjoy or even watch them.

If I had to choose a number though, It'd be anywhere from 30 to 80 episodes.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Slippery When Wet~ Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion, Togy Ball Champion highteckdudu is off to a good start highteckdudu's Avatar
    The wonderfull world of Minnesota! And I mean that!
    Thanks

Yes i agree with hassun! If the story is good it could be 6 episodews or even 1000 Idont care as long as it is good!
    I tryed to see things from your point of view but i cant seem to get my head that far up my ass!
    Visit www.highteckdudu.deviantart.com!

syd
    Otaku syd is off to a good start
    Thanks

I think if the story is great it really don't matter how long is it. Also it helps a lot when the anime has good music. My favorite anime "Saint Seiya" has over 140 episodes and they still not finish.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by highteckdudu View Post
    Yes i agree with hassun! If the story is good it could be 6 episodews or even 1000 Idont care as long as it is good!
    it is right that 6 episode or thousand are made to serve the purpose of telling the story but which do you prefer :to see a good character design with incredible OSTs and a good story ending in ONLY 6 episodes or you prefer to have enough length at the very least to make you feel that you were attached to an anime for a while and not one day or one week(that's if you're not watching it on TV)
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    The best length would be as long as it takes to make a good story.
    Theres the best answer you can get to this question.

The number of episodes isnt what makes an anime preferable over another, its overall storyline, etc does. Series such as FLCL can fit its story in less than 10eps and still be great and there are series such as well...lets see, I guess for people in the US series such as Naruto or Inuyasha will ring a bell for the "longer" series...although Inuyasha never really finished and Naruto is STILL going on. Hell, look at one of Japan's longest running anime: "Doraemon", I've lost track on how many years its been on. 20, 25, 30yrs+!? (Although I believe that recently its been "renewed".)
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

I think for me it would be 26 a series. But I still love watching Bleach and Naruto even though they have over 100 episodes.

With 26 eps it allows them the right about of eps that can fully cover the story line without missing out too much of the story and not use too many fillers.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

13 is the best for me, because I don't have that much time to watch anime. I don't know, I also think that ou should have enough with 13 to show a good story, I don't search for every day entertainment in an anime, I search for that in cartoons, anime is something more special for me...

26 is also good, if the story line is nice... I'm ready to go to 30 but over that is just too much for me... it means that's kind of a "a new day, a new fight, a new story" anime and I just don't have the time, I just get to understand such anime, about what it is, find out how it ends and that's enough ^^

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

I find that unless your going for an amazing anime like DBZ or Naruto that 26 episodes is enough to do it. You can still fir plenty of story into that amount of time and if some of the best animes are 26 episode series, such as Gungrave and Outlaw Star.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast