+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: best Studio Ghibli movie

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: best Studio Ghibli movie

Quote Originally Posted by itachigirl View Post
    My faves are Spirited Away and Laputa. Then Princess Monoke, i've acually never evem seen Nausica and the Valley of the wind.
    And WHY are they your favourites?

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

my favorite of all is Totoro, hands down! i only saw it for the first time a few months ago, and i felt like a happy child! i would have loved to be on a farm like that and get to sleep on a big Totoro's belly! the cat bus was awesome as well!

second is Porcco Rosso becuz it was so old fashioned! men were men who fought bravely over beautiful women! that's how it should be MoFo! i also liked how they didn't focus at all on his pig head!

i thought Howl's was really sweet, but it's furhter down the list. Spirited Away was a cute movie, but again, not an all time favorite. Princess Mononoke was cool... but it's too serious to be a favorite really...

>_< i'm scared to watch Grave of the Fireflies...

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Personally I enjoyed Princess Mononoke/もののけ姫 the most. It has a good storyline and is very balanced in every aspect. Character development, music, story, everything. The action was great. I wasnt expecting such action from Ghibli.

I also enjoyed "Nausica of the Valley of the Wind", "The castle in the sky: Laputa", "My Neighbor Totoro", "Spirited Away", and "Kiki's Delivery Service"...hell, I should just say that I love them all. LOLs

Each has a very unique story and has its own ups and downs. (Very few and rare "downs" I should say)
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Otaku zeine may be famous one day zeine may be famous one day zeine's Avatar
    Thanks

I love the works of Hayao Miyazaki. Ever since I saw my first movie (My Neighbor Totoro), I was completely hooked.

Among all of them, I must say that Whisper of the Heart was the most endearing to me. This was one of the movies that caught me off-guard.

When I started watching this, I based my expectations on the title. I thought it to be some useless sappy romantic movie... I mean, from the title, probably anyone would. I didn't ever expect it to turn out so charming, and I ended up loving it so much. It's so simple and lovely, not overbearing and exaggerated like many other tales of "boy meets girl".

For action, I'll have to admit that Mononoke-hime takes the cake. The theme is excellent. And I was really impressed at how they made the animals speak eloquently. Eloquent by means of telepathy, and not by the physical movements of the mouth which I most often find corny in cartoons. >.< Think, Disney.

My most watched is Spirited Away. For the record, I viewed this 8 times in whole, and I don't know how many in parts. I really like watching this movie especially when relaxing or keeping my mind at ease. There's something about it that makes me go back and watch. Some people say that Howl's Moving Castle is better. It's nice too, but this one takes my vote. ^^V

Feel good would have to be Kiki's Delivery Service. It's so fun to watch her fly through the air! =^^=

Laputa takes fantasy.

And finally, in the "saddest" category would be Grave of the Fireflies. It's so real and tragic that it's ends up moving.

Otaku ska_lives may be famous one day ska_lives may be famous one day ska_lives's Avatar
    Thanks

for me its probably a 3 way tie between, mononoke, castle in the sky, and nausicaa. these are all so good yet i cant decide which i like the most. each have elements which make me like them which the others do not..but nothing which tips the scales in the favor of one predominantly. nausicaa i like because of the idea presented with the rebirth after armageddon, mononoke just had amazing animation and heart, and castle in the sky was just a plain fun romp
    grave of the fireflies ive wanted to see for so long, ive really got to pick it up

Yo, this beast was by Lowshuwa
    my drawings

Newbie yggdrasill0117 is off to a good start yggdrasill0117's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't pick favorites, because they are all excellent works of anime. But if I have to I would have to say that whisper of the heart is the closest to what I would call a favorite because it had such a well written story. My Neighbor Totoro is 2nd because it is so funny. All the others are a jumbled mess at 3rd.

Otaku AngelFlow may be famous one day AngelFlow may be famous one day
    Thanks

I liked My Neighbor Totoro. To me it was so positive and child like, so it makes me happy everytime I watch it. It was so sad when nobody knew where the little girl was, but she was found so yay!^^ So I say thats the best movie.

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah it is and its the best war movie i seen and i seen a few, cus its show how two people died during war and some of the scenes are beautiful

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast