Closed Thread

Thread: Bleach and Shakugan No Shana

Newbie Mage Ronin may be famous one day Mage Ronin may be famous one day Mage Ronin's Avatar
    Thanks

Bleach and Shakugan No Shana

for those of u who have seen Bleach AND Shakugan No Shana....

I'm not sure if any one esle notices this, but Shakugan no Shana greatly resembles Bleach in such a way that one could say it's a direct rip off from Bleach. I mean, the main character of Shakugan, named Shana, is a girl with reddish orange hair, wields a sword, and fights monsters that eat people's souls. Not only that, Shana has an inner spirit inside her that helps her to fight, not unlike the Hollow in Ichigo.

i'm not sure why, but this greatly disturbs me. often i see many anime resemble each other and it makes me think that the world of anime has reached (or is reaching) a point of stagnation.

Do u feel this is true? if yes, why? if not, why?
    There is no such thing as Good and Evil. It's merely us and them. Both sides believe that THEY are right. Good is merely a label placed upon those sharing similar views and ideals to your own, and Evil is a label placed on those who have radically different points of view. Who's to say who's right and who's wrong? Both are right, both are wrong, it's all a matter of point of view.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Bleach and Shakugan No Shana

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Actually, both series has elements that were used by the 'Spirit Warrior' of the series 'Yu Yu Hakushou', (which predates both series), where you have a teenage tough with attitude (who is killed in an accident, but earns the right to be brought back to life), is recruited by higher spiritual powers to fight supernatural demons that feed off the souls of innocent people, (but with his fists, not a sword), with a selections of humans and spiritual beings to assist him....

Manga series have been in production in Japan since the late 1940s, so its really not surprising that many of the modern series have ideas and concepts already used by previous publications
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Mar 02, 2007 at 10:52 AM.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Sign. If you have watched something else like, Real Bout High school then you say it would be a ripoff of Bleach. Each author borrow ideas from something. The way they present it is what it matters. Plus, Shana is different because of the loli and characters actually die in Shana, unlike Bleach.

Otaku gigi2005 may be famous one day gigi2005 may be famous one day
    Thanks

The difrence between Bleach and Shakugan No Shana is that in Bleach hollows eat souls of ghosts andd the ghosts become hollows, in Shana the creatures that ateck dont suck the eat there souls but they eat there existence so they simply stop to exist.

But i have to say that the idee of Busou Renkin is also very simular to Bleach and Shana exept this time the Homuncules are humens that improved themselfs whit alchamy.

And there is also Venus vs Virus whits has also a very simular idee but insted that the main charectar being a guy she's a girl, and they use guns instead of swords.
    Last edited by gigi2005; Mar 11, 2007 at 04:00 AM.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Perhaps you don't realize how immensely difficult it is to come up with a story that's 100% your own, without any references to other stories. There are bound to be similarities. Like gigi2005 said, one of the differences between Bleach and Shakugan No Shana is that Hollows attack people with high spirit particle density and subsequently turn them into Hollows, but the Rinne just go after everyone. In Bleach people don't lose their memories (the Shinigami have to erase their memories for them), if I'm not wrong, but in Shakugan No Shana their memories of the "eaten" gradually fade out.

Oh, and I wouldn't liken Shana's inner Flame to a Hollow - rather, I'd say the inner Flame Haze is the Shinigami, and Shana every other time is in her "gigai". So to speak.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think Bleach and Shakugan no Shana are the same, mainly because hollows and ghosts are different in both series, in SNS the memories fade out and in Bleach when the chain of a spirit is broken they turn into hollows.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Come to think of it, there are other shows that are similar to Bleach, not just Shakugan No Shana. Busou Renkin and Real Bout High School probably have more similarities.

Otaku Shadowfantasy4 may be famous one day Shadowfantasy4 may be famous one day Shadowfantasy4's Avatar
    Thanks

So many animes out there?Natural to have them be similar in some ways?I once heard some one compare naruto and dragon ball z =x.

Closed Thread