9 69.23%
  • Have seen it and didnt like it

1 7.69%
  • Going to see it now

3 23.08%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blue Seed

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Talking Blue Seed

Right now i have only watched 5 episodes but i love this show so far anybody else heres alittle about it form wikipedia.com

Blue Seed (碧奇魂 ブルー シード, Aokushimitama Burū Shīdo?) is a manga created by well-known manga artist Yuzo Takada. It was animated for broadcast on TV Tokyo in 1994.

The story is based on the Izumo cycle of Japanese mythology and the tale of the god Susanoo and the eight-headed monster Yamata no Orochi. The main character, Momiji Fujimiya, is a descendant of the mythical Princess Kushinada (奇稲田姫, Kushinada-hime?). When Japan is menaced by Aragami (荒神, Aragami?, lit. "angry gods") spawned by Yamato-no-Orochi (mistranslated as Orochi-no-Orochi in the English dub), Momiji is intended to be sacrificed to appease the Aragami. She instead, however, becomes a member of the secret agency known as the TAC charged with fighting them.

The series ran for 26 episodes, originally airing in Japan from 5 October 1994 to 29 March 1995. An OVA, "Blue Seed Beyond", was made in 1996. The anime is licensed by ADV Films in the U.S.

Plot

Momiji Fujimiya thought she was just an ordinary high school student. One day, she is confronted on her way to school by a man with blue magatama beads embedded in his hands, who then attempts to kill her. Momiji is confused and terrified this strange man's sudden desire to kill her; he also refers to her as Kushinada, confusing her even further. Momiji is saved by the sudden appearance of two government officials, one of which shoots the cat-eyed man in the arm and sends him fleeing.

Momiji is intrigued as to why she was referred to as "Kushinada". Like most modern Japanese children, she is ignorant of Shinto and Japanese mythology, so decides to do a little research in the school library. She discovers that "Kushinada" refers to an ancient princess whose blood holds the power to stop the ancient monsters known as Aragami by sending them to an eternal sleep. Momiji dismisses the idea that she could be such a person, despite the fact she lives with her mother and grandmother in a shrine in Izumo. However, she soon changes her mind after vines begin to appear from every crack and opening attempting to capture her as they whisper "Kushinada".

Momiji tries to escape, not knowing that the vines are being employed by a powerful Aragami known as Orochi. Fortunately, she is saved by the man with the magatamas embedded into his hands, who introduces himself as Mamoru Kusanagi. He confronts Orochi using Momiji as bait. The plan fails and the government officials appear again. They reveal themselves to be members of the Terrestrial Administration Center (TAC for short), and manage to subdue Orochi. However, with the last of its strength, it makes a final attempt on Kusanagi.

Momiji saves Kusanagi by taking Orochi's blow. Impaled by the Aragami, instead of dying, she is instead fused with her own magatama, more specifically identified as a mitama, which gives Momiji the ability to sense the presence of other Aragami. The TAC agents explain that they are an organization dedicated to defeating the Aragami, which desire to destroy humanity. The current Kushinada, Momiji, must aid them because the only other Kushinada, Momiji's twin sister, is now dead. Momiji, wishing to discover more about the twin sister she never knew and also to fulfill her destiny, agrees to join the TAC under the protection of Kusanagi, who wishes to destroy his former masters, the Aragami.

The story becomes increasing complex with the appearance of Murakumo, a man with eight mitamas who kills any Aragami he comes across for his own personal reasons. Kusanagi repeatedly attempts to take his life until Kaede Kunikida, Momiji's supposedly dead twin sister, reappears along with a strange energy field in Tokyo. Murakumo and Kaede's plans soon become clear - they intend to resurrect the god Susanowo and purify the world of humanity's influences, with Kaede acting as the leader of the movement.
    And heres a poll 1 is seen it and liked it 2 seen it and didnt like it and 3 is going to see it now
    Last edited by GallComp; May 16, 2008 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Adding quotes to wikipedia text...

Newbie peachie gurl is off to a good start peachie gurl's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Blue Seed

omg.......Blue seed opened my eye to the world of anime . I love it so much. I was surfing channels at about 12 something in the nite and the next thing i know i was watching blue seed, I watched most of It and it was great. Then encore action moved on to show some other anime*sniff* (wips tears)

I still love it

As lovely as pink, and as evil as black

Devoted Otaku gamemaster331 is off to a good start gamemaster331's Avatar
    Thanks

I love it. I have the whole thing on DVD, so I watch it from time to time. I think it's hysterical most of the time.
    "What part of Evil don't you understand?"

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Yes it has every thing i like perversion fights voilence same thingsa as fights but still ,funny things ,a cool story line. and cool weapons like the one you see on the first episode that they used on the Demon.

Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Thanks

i love the show, it was funny, and violent. It was one of the first animes i watched and i couldnt get away from the seires after i finished it, i would go back and watch it again sometimes.
    its on my favortie list

..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

I haven't seen this anime in forever but it is definitely one of the best I have ever seen. It was also one of the first animes I had the pleasure of watching. I was probably in 5th or 6th grade and I was still developing into the anime maniac that I am today.

I ran into it when I was in Hollywood Video and was checking out their anime section. They had Blue Seed in their collection and it was something I had never watched so I decided to pick it up. I immediately fell in love with it. With some anime series I have to wait 3 or 4 episodes before I get into it but with this one I loved it from the very first one. I probably drove my mom crazy because I always wanted to go to Hollywood Video because I became so obsessed with the series.

I would describe it in detail but well like I said I watched it when I was in 5th or 6th grade so that was about 6 or 7 years ago. I know it's packed with action, though, and a bit of romance. Plenty of monster-bashing action in it, too.

「Someone」 Goo Slasher Champion, Fish Kill Champion, Rapid Motion Champion, Cell-Out Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion, Flower Girl Champion KuwiRules145 is off to a good start KuwiRules145's Avatar
    Thanks

I adored it! It was really fantastic! XD

I watched it long ago with my sisters. ^^
    It's something worth watching thats for sure! (I'm trying not to spoil anything) It's real funny. Thats why I love her --> Momiji Fujimiya <--
    She's awesome! XD
    This was my second anime I watched. ^^ So yay Blue Seed!!!! XD
    「When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead」

Thanks

Yes i got it and it has so many cool things one thing thats weird for me is like episode 15 and up are weird and you never can guess what will happen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast