+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bring Kenshin Back!

Newbie Rurouni is off to a good start
    Thanks

Bring Kenshin Back!

As you may have guessed by my username, I am a huge Kenshin fan. I'm so excited to see that they're continuing the story of Fullmetal Alchemist from where the anime broke with the manga (at least, that's my understanding of what FMA: Brotherhood is all about) and I'm thinking: wow! That would be fricking fantastic to do with Kenshin! The manga had a much more satisfying ending and a better plotline.

Pretty please someone in the know tell me that something new with Kenshin is going to happen soon or is already happening in Japan...!

Rurouni

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rurouni For This Useful Post:

!beast (Nov 05, 2009)

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Bring Kenshin Back!

Just read the wiki for the series, and I don't think anything is going to be happening with it, from the looks of it, the story is complete and won't be added too. and considering that the manga was 28 volumes, why bring it back, thats plenty to read (I'm going to take a wild stab and say you've never read the manga, and only seen the Anime)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Just read the wiki for the series, and I don't think anything is going to be happening with it, from the looks of it, the story is complete and won't be added too. and considering that the manga was 28 volumes, why bring it back, thats plenty to read (I'm going to take a wild stab and say you've never read the manga, and only seen the Anime)
    Wow. I'm new, so I'll be polite. But really - did you really read my post?
    1) The story is complete, but the anime didn't cover it all.
    2) Your wild stab is totally off, and I say so right in the post. I've read all the manga!

... is there anything wrong with wanted to see manga well-animated? I thought that was what anime was all about...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rurouni For This Useful Post:

!beast (Nov 05, 2009)

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Though the reality is that 'Full Metal Alchemist' was highly popular, award winning series that was profitable both to the studio that made it, and the TV network that broadcast it, leading to it's resurrection with 'Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood'. 'Rurouni Kenshin' was highly popular for its first two season, but the third season, composed mostly of a filler story arc tanked the ratings of the series. With so many other successful series to choose from, (e.g. the fan favorite 'Haruhi Suzumiya', the 'Pretty Cure' franchise, the ongoing 'One Piece' and 'Detective Conan', the resurrection of the 'Slayers' franchise), its unlikely a Japan TV network would take a risk to bring back a series lacking a ongoing book/manga tie in, with such a miserable previous ending...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LenMiyata For This Useful Post:

!beast (Nov 05, 2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Though the reality is that 'Full Metal Alchemist' was highly popular, award winning series that was profitable both to the studio that made it, and the TV network that broadcast it, leading to it's resurrection with 'Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood'. 'Rurouni Kenshin' was highly popular for its first two season, but the third season, composed mostly of a filler story arc tanked the ratings of the series. With so many other successful series to choose from, (e.g. the fan favorite 'Haruhi Suzumiya', the 'Pretty Cure' franchise, the ongoing 'One Piece' and 'Detective Conan', the resurrection of the 'Slayers' franchise), its unlikely a Japan TV network would take a risk to bring back a series lacking a ongoing book/manga tie in, with such a miserable previous ending...
    Len - you totally get it. I figured it had to do with the almighty dollar, and Kenshin is pretty old now. And you're right - the last season was crapola. I was just hoping there were enough old fans to ressurect it... I mean, Slayers is pretty old, too!

I've seen (and enjoyed) Haruhi, but never "Pretty Cure," "One Piece," or "Detective Conan." Any of those worth it?

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

I disagree with bringing back Kenshin. Too many times prolonging a series is what kills it. It is probably why I don't like many american series that make it a point to go until the ratings sour. But what from LenMiyata said that already happened. We have many episodes and two movies to thank, that is enough.

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Kenshin was an awesome anime, I haven't seen it in so long though. I don't think they could continue it again, some animes are best ended where they did...ya. Like CB, would have been cool to see another season but it wouldn't be as good without Spike.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurouni View Post
    I've seen (and enjoyed) Haruhi, but never "Pretty Cure," "One Piece," or "Detective Conan." Any of those worth it?
    Why don't you see for your self...

FUNimation Videos > Shows:One Piece

FUNimation Videos > Shows:Pretty Cure

FUNimation Videos > Video Details:Cased Closed Movie trailer
    The Official CASE CLOSED Anime Website from FUNimation:
    'Detective Conan' (Distributed in Region 1 under the title 'Cased Closed', you can guess what trademark/copyright they didn't want to infringe upon) is the only one that FUNimation isn't streaming. The series first started broadcasting back in 1996, and today, it still routinely beats 'Naruto', 'Bleach' and 'One Piece' in the Japan TV ratings...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast