Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can't find a good series...

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Can't find a good series...

Well it seems like I did it again I can no longer find a series I like.

I'll list some series I loved (I'm into thriller/suspense, comedy and romance animes)

Toradora!
    GTO
    Myself Yourself
    Ichigo 100
    Monster
    Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto (Just finished the series)

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Can't find a good series...

Two series that will not leave you disappointed are these, Gurren Lagaan. An excellently written anime that rivals pretty much anything released that year. I don't wnat to give anything away, all I will tell you as get this anime, get it now, it is great. Just remember some versions released are only dub and special editions are both options.

Then watch Basilisk or watch it first it doesn't matter since they are different anime. You can finally buy basilisk in a boxed set. Fight sequences, ninjas, and some of the weirdest abilities you have seen. First you'll cheer for Iga then Kouga then well who knows. And it has a sincerely great soundtrack.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

I've heard of both never really gave them a chance, I'll check them out thanks for the recommendations.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Banned Blobber Champion, Spiffyspeud Champion, Knockturn Alley Champion, Feed Lindsay Lohan Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Narnia - Rapid Retreat Champion, Matrix Dock Defense Champion, Defend the Attack Champion, Uncover the Imposter Champion, Kong v/s New York Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion The Beatle is off to a good start
    Thanks

I really liked the Series Golden Boy it was very funny it was only six episodes though but check it out it was a comedy.

Otaku Drifting 2 Champion fiqx is off to a good start fiqx's Avatar
    Thanks

why don't you try lucky star...it's a comedy and romance genre...i watch the series...and i kinda like it...

Newbie Skizzit is off to a good start Skizzit's Avatar
    Thanks

Lucky Star romance? really? I will admit it is funny as all hell though.

I will 2nd Gurren Lagann. It is as Epic (yes, capitol e) as you can get and has just about everything.

I highly recommend my newest all time favorite show, Hyate no Gotoku. The female lead is the same VA as Tiaga from Toradora and the show is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. The 2nd series that is airing now plays up the romance a bit more, but it is still really funny.

I just finished Kimagure Orange Road and it is a classic romance series. Must watch for anyone who is a fan of romance. Ai Yori Aoshi is another really good romance series. I also just watched the third series of Zero no Tsukaima and it is a pretty damn good romance/action/comedy series. The lead is also the same VA who played Tiaga (she just happens to be one of my favorite VAs in case you could not tell)

A few "must sees" that you may or may not have seen : Rurouni Kenshin, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, and Fullmetal Alchemist for action. Azumanga Diaoh, Genshiken, Excel Saga, and Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi for comedy. Do not know if these would be must sees, but some better then average harem/romance series; Nagasarete Airantou, Rosario + Vampire, Seto No Hanayome and Girls Bravo

And finally, One Piece is also great and at over 400 episodes you will not run out of stuff to watch for a long long time.
    Who needs a signature.

Otaku itano123 is off to a good start itano123's Avatar
    Right behind the people that call me EMO with a knife
    Thanks

well i know a few but i'll have to say spice and wolf. its a romance/adventure but only in sub
    if only the knew the tue meaning of destiny

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by itano123 View Post
    well i know a few but i'll have to say spice and wolf. its a romance/adventure but only in sub
    If you want the English Dub for 'Spice & Wolf' you'll have to wait until the DVD gets released later on this year...
    Spice and Wolf - The Official Anime Website from FUNimation
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast