• Digimon

5 22.73%
  • Neither this is original

9 40.91%
Closed Thread

Thread: Chaotic is most related to...

Newbie Bratbat is off to a good start
    Thanks
    Some of you may know 4kids (and hate them unfortunately), but recently they have unveil a new show called "Chaotic".

Here is the short overview of Chaotic

Chaotic is a new TCG/Online game that has a show that is produced by none other than 4kids Entertainment. The show revolves around a boy named Tom Majors, whom likes to play the 'Chaotic' card game and online game. One day received a password that allowed him to go to Chaotic to play the game for real. By 'for real', that means becoming the creatures inside special stadium. Also, there another part of Chaotic, called Perim, were the creatures, locations and other things exist. Players go to Perim to scan the creatures and other things using their handheld scanners. Once a creature, location or other stuff is scanned, a card is created with the scanned object's code. BTW all creatures in Perim are sentient, so they exists in tribes.
    In Perim, four major tribes battle over a great power called The Source.
    The Source has an unknown form and location , but the tribes know it exists.

Ok now on to the comparison. Some people say Chaotic is most related to Yu-Gi-Oh and Duelmasters. But that is like saying a dolphin is like a tuna because it has fins!

I think Chaotic is more related to Digimon, but I will give why below.

Chaotic and Yu-Gi-Oh & Duelmasters

Similarities:

Card Game

Differences:
    Chaotic uses codes, Yu-Gi-Oh has only monsters and magic. Duelmasters has no codes as well.

Chaotic has absolutely no real world basis, unlike Yu-Gi-Oh which has some ancient Egyptian themes.

Tom has more of a hip attitude, while Yugi seems to be more humble when compared to Tom. Tom has no real ambition to be the best like Shobu Kirifuda (which actually describes his friend Kaz more accurately)

Chaotic has two kinds of story: The Drome stories, involves Tom and his friends in battle matches, and the Perim story, involves good creatures fight bad creatures over a great power. The two rarely intersect if ever so far. The other two has storylines where the matches are good vs evil battles.

Chaotic and Digimon

Similarities:

A world made out of data(Chaotic has character codes and Season 4 had whirling bar codes)

Card games(Season 3)

A special device that the main characters always carry (Chaotic is a scanner and Digimon is a digivice)

The main characters sometimes become the creatures to do battle (Chaotic has the Drome matches and Season 4 had spirit evolution)

Creatures' data is stored on the device(Season 4)

Differences:

Chaotic has no real world basis like Digimon which centers around everything digital.

Chaotic has two kinds of story: The Drome stories, involves Tom and his friends in battle matches, and the Perim stories, involves good creatures fight bad creatures over the Source. The two rarely intersect, if ever, so far. Digimon is your basic group of kids that must defeat a really bad guy.

Chaotic only lets one make a copy of the creature's data not absorb it.

No personal sentient creature to follow main character in Chaotic.

Main character is not gogglehead.

It is is pretty obivous that the three have a card game. But that is so superficial. So I think it is pretty incorrect to say Chaotic rips off Yu-Gi-Oh, when it is more accurate to say Digimon is a possible influence on Chaotic.

Some replies would be helpful then you can elaborate on your opinion.

Umm some replies would be good, so you can elaborate on your opinions.
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Feb 02, 2007 at 11:15 PM.

Otaku Angel_in_hell is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Chaotic is most related to...

when i was younger i would always wish that i could go into a world with digimon! it would be so cool! i really liked the first 2 or 3 seasons but after that it went down the drain!

IN THE END IT DOSENT EVEN MATTER

Newbie Bratbat is off to a good start
    Thanks

Well I already made a fan fic about how the fictional Chaotic game is a result of some missing scientist that worked on the Digimon project before smuggling the work of the Digimon project to Denmark.

Here is Guilmon as an Mipedian Invisible Stalker

Here is Siado and Zhade my reference

Siado
    Zhade

Otaku Angel_in_hell is off to a good start
    Thanks

when i get time i will read it all! i wish games and shows were real!

IN THE END IT DOSENT EVEN MATTER

Closed Thread