+ Reply to Thread

Thread: is china another anime making country like japan

Banned DMKTENN is off to a good start
    Thanks

Red face is china another anime making country like japan

china they make everything but is anime goign to be made there i got a vid here watch and youll be amazed china will amke anime like japan im sorry for postign this but this sint spam this is allowed in the forums i dotn see no harm in this im not asking why china is on my watch or anything like that so mods dont delete this i read the rules and regulations so everything is alright so your thoughts on this
    YouTube - Chinese cartoons strive to be leaders of animation -5 Jul 08

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: is china another anime making country like japan

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now remember, the definition of 'Anime' is animation written and targeted for a Japanese audience. Now China is one of the major sources if 'in-between' animation frames for Japanese Anime productions, and at some Anime productions (e.g. 'Highlander: The Search for Vengence', and the recent CGI 'Astro Boy' film) have come out of Hong Kong. Currently, nearly all of China's animation production is for domestic viewing intended for Chinese audiences, so it appears unlikely that China will dominate the Anime market. It remains to be seen if China will develop their own unique 'style' of animation, or will they simply parrot the Japanese 'Anime' style...

China is also currently handicapped by the rampant video piracy that occurs openly in their markets. If the China animation studios are unable to make a profit from their work, then how can the industry continue...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Choas Jon f may be famous one day Jon f may be famous one day Jon f's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now remember, the definition of 'Anime' is animation written and targeted for a Japanese audience. Now China is one of the major sources if 'in-between' animation frames for Japanese Anime productions, and at some Anime productions (e.g. 'Highlander: The Search for Vengence', and the recent CGI 'Astro Boy' film) have come out of Hong Kong. Currently, nearly all of China's animation production is for domestic viewing intended for Chinese audiences, so it appears unlikely that China will dominate the Anime market. It remains to be seen if China will develop their own unique 'style' of animation, or will they simply parrot the Japanese 'Anime' style...

China is also currently handicapped by the rampant video piracy that occurs openly in their markets. If the China animation studios are unable to make a profit from their work, then how can the industry continue...
    Truth but I got a question the Highlander: TSV. I thought it was made by Thomas K.(america guy, god my spelling sucks) and Yoshiaki Kawajiri who is from jap or did i get missup information?

And on the same thought in a way what would happen if lets said china in a few years becames the best cartoons/anime producers what would happen to the anime. Hmm what i am trying to said is well china has all this rules and crap, so when they make anime it kind wouldnt be the same.Hmm its reallly hard to explain.
    Perfection is dull

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon f View Post
    Truth but I got a question the Highlander: TSV. I thought it was made by Thomas K.(america guy, god my spelling sucks) and Yoshiaki Kawajiri who is from jap or did i get missup information?
    It is true that this feature had a experienced Japanese director, and the Madhouse was the leading studio involved, the a lot of the Key animation frames (normally done by Japanese studios) were done by a Hong Kong animation studio...

Quote Originally Posted by Jon f View Post
    And on the same thought in a way what would happen if lets said china in a few years becames the best cartoons/anime producers what would happen to the anime. Hmm what i am trying to said is well china has all this rules and crap, so when they make anime it kind wouldnt be the same.Hmm its reallly hard to explain.
    This is actually a serious topic in Japan about the future of Anime production. All of the current producers, directors and lead artist in the industry first got their start doing 'in-between' animation drawings. This is now nearly all outsourced to lower cost countries such as Korea, China and India. And in Japan, the occupation of drawing 'Key' animation frames is notorious for it's long hours and low pay. The Japanese Government Ministry of Arts & Culture has made attempts to subsidize programs to encourage a new generation of directors and producers, but so far, the results have not been promising...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

+ Reply to Thread