Newbie 4n0th1n9 is off to a good start 4n0th1n9's Avatar
    Thanks

Clannad

Clannad (TV)

Aired; 2007-10-04
    Genres: Comedy, Drama, Psychological, Romance
    Age rating: None.
    Plot Summary:
    Tomoya Okazaki is a third year high school student resentful of his life. His mother passed away from a car accident when he was younger, causing his father to resort to alcohol and cigarettes. This results in fights between the two until Tomoya's shoulder is injured in a fight. Since then, Tomoya has had distant relationships with his father, causing him to become a delinquent over time. While on a walk to school, he meets a strange girl named Nagisa Furukawa who is a year older, but is repeating due to illness. Due to this, she is often alone as most of her friends have moved on. The two begin hanging out and slowly, as time goes by, Tomoya finds his life shifting in a new direction.

Tomoya Okazaki
    Tomoya tends to break the rules and therefore is known as a delinquent. His mother died in a car accident when he was young, so he lives alone with his father, who he doesn't get along with. On the way to school one day, he met Nagisa Furukawa, and since then his life has changed. He has taken to helping others, like helping Nagisa establish the theater club.

Nagisa Furukawa
    Nagisa is one year older than Tomoya, but is in the same grade because she had to repeat due to illness and her weak body. She is a bit of a strange girl, who uses the names of foods for motivation and sometimes asks weird questions. She's also very shy, and is trying to reestablish the theater club.

Kyou Fujibayashi
    Kyou is a loud, aggressive girl in the same grade as Tomoya. She is the president of her class. She also has a pet baby boar named Botan. Kyou's weapon of choice is a dictionary, which she often throws at people when she's upset. She's also very protective of her younger sister Ryou.

Kotomi Ichinose
    Kotomi is another student in the same year as Tomoya. She's well known as the "genius girl", since her grades are through the roof. She spends most of her time in the library reading, since she doesn't have to attend classes. She's a very quiet, shy girl who seems unsure of herself and others. As a hobby she likes to play violin, although she's not that good at it.

Tomoyo Sakagami
    Tomoyo is a second-year transfer student. She is another well-known student, as she tends to be violent when provoked and has a misconduct record for fighting. This is shown many times as she is seen beating up bullies and, most often, Sunohara. Tomoyo also wants to be elected as student council president.

Fuuko Ibuki
    Fuuko is a first-year student at Tomoya's school. She spends all her time making starfish sculptures out of wood, to the extent that her fingers are covered in bandages. When asked why she makes the starfish, she says she wants to use them to invite all the students in the school to her sister's wedding.

Ryou Fujibayashi
    Ryou is Kyou's younger twin sister and is the class president of Tomoya's class. Unlike her sister, she's very shy and timid. She likes to tell people's fortune's using cards, although the accuracy of her predictions is questionable. Ryou is also helping in reestablishing the theater club.

Special thanks to the Clannad - fans, club I'm a member of
    Character info is all theirs!

That's info about the anime, and I hope at least some already saw, and keep watch of the new episodes?
    If there are some CLANNAD fans, that wish to discuss this anime, and opinions of it then please feel free to do so here!

All comments welcomed, remember the *no spam rules are in effect!

Discussion only on the anime, not the manga, or the upcoming movie.
    Favorite characters, arc's, and more!

Feel free to share links to pictures, or anything else Clannad related.

Enjoy!
    http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/5449/navicopyjpg1hj6.jpg

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Clannad

you forgot to mention the ever important Video game by Key that ALL those were made from.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Thanks

I'm not familiar with the video game, so thus I didn't even go into it, but there are many fans I know of that love the anime, as well as I do, and according to rules there need be a:
    If you can post a minimum of 5 quality threads in the General Anime Forum and it gets some interest, then we will setup a new Anime Series sub-forum dedicated to that. Deal?
    So I guess I'll go for that because this is an incredible anime!
    This website already has amazing Clannad scans in the gallery section.
    If need be downloaded it's very easy to obtain the series.
    Episode 16 was recently released.

Here's the episode list so far, and not sure if I can post download links here?

2007-10-04
    1. On the Hillside Path where Cherry Blossoms Flutter

2007-10-11
    2. The First Step

2007-10-18
    3. Once Again After Crying

2007-10-25
    4. Let's Find Friends

2007-11-01
    5. The Scenery with a Carving

2007-11-08
    6. The Older and Younger Sister's Founder's Festival

2007-11-15
    7. Star-Shaped Feelings

2007-11-22
    8. The Wind that Vanishes into Dusk

2007-11-29
    9. Until the End of the Dream

2007-12-05
    10. The Girl Genius' Challenge

2007-12-12
    11. The After School Rhapsody

2007-12-19
    12. Hidden World

2008-01-10
    13. Garden of Memories

2008-01-17
    14. Theory of Everything

2008-01-24
    15. Stuck Problem

2008-01-31
    16. 3 on 3

I highly recommend the anime to all romance fans, this is truly a work of art, and here's a brief summary of a friend of mine;
    Created by Key/Visual arts who has created a spectacular and the most emotional visual novels in history. The well known people at Kyoto Animations have brought to life, Key's greatest Masterpiece. CLANNAD.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't like the anime version of it. I find it freaking weird and low paced. The manga on the other hand its a bit more appealing than the show.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    I don't like the anime version of it. I find it freaking weird and low paced. The manga on the other hand its a bit more appealing than the show.
    We all have our opinions, and I don't know but surely you can pin point, and share the points you like of manga, rather then the show?
    In personally never read manga, only own 1, and that's for uploading, and sharing, not reading, I can't stand it, looking at comics on pc, that's just something I can't comprehend with, even thought it may be a great manga.

As for the series, the anime development, and plot is unique, and the do one arc at a time, but it's full of emotions, and development for everyone, at first I was hesitant for it, but loved the art, and colors, taking a closer look, I've grown fond of certain characters, and the story development, that was unique, and in recent episodes full of heart felt scenes, there's still amazing humor where you can't hold it in at times.

+ Reply to Thread