+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The close to forgotten anime series

Otaku crimson is off to a good start crimson's Avatar
    Thanks

The close to forgotten anime series

so what anime do you soo like that people normally don't talk about or don't recognize at all... lets talk bout that...

i especially like kiddy grade... by gĂ*mik. haha... anyone here recognize this? look them up in wikipedia.org... i like the fact that the main characters change looks and the powers and all... but most of all I like the artwork... For me, It is one of the best drawn anime there is!
    i'll choose to love whoever i wish to love and nobody can stop me from doing so ----

crimson
    edited from SamBakZa.net

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Re: The close to forgotten anime series

for me it would have to be blue seed becuase it was only on once and it wasa good series then they nver showed it again and i never hear anyone talk about or anything
    which is sad because i really liked the art work and detail they put into it.

its also a manga and i have yet to find the manga because they
    dont sell it here where i live which has me questioning wither or not
    of blue seed ever gained any recognition at all for a good anime.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Kiddy Grade has hardly been forgotten.

There have been 2 OVA sequels and a set of BOME figures in the recent past. It also helped legitimize yuri-themed anime directed at men: giving us Simone, Strawberry Panic, and Kashimashi as a more or less direct result. Not to mention the entire "Yurihime" comic label.

I didn't care for the show myself. I thought it was totally incomprehensible. But I appreciate it being so inclusive of alternate sexualities.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

my answer is quite simple .. the animes were not watched to be forgotten from people around me ... they don't even know what an anime is ... well except some of my friends .. but i'd say The Vision Of Escaflowne i wished that there would be more but too bad the story end does not give the chance to have that
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LichGRIFFIN View Post
    my answer is quite simple .. the animes were not watched to be forgotten from people around me ... they don't even know what an anime is ... well except some of my friends .. but i'd say The Vision Of Escaflowne i wished that there would be more but too bad the story end does not give the chance to have that
    Escaflowne was the first anime I shared with my mother. She enjoyed them so much that she owns her own box set. My mom's in her late 50s and had no interest in anime at all before Escaflowne came along.

You should really check out Genesis of Aquarion whenever it's actually released in the US. The director was a head animator on Escaflowne, the music is by Yoko Kanno, and quite a bit of the design and key animation staff are Escaflowne vets. As a result, the entire thing feels more than a wee bit like Escaflowne itself.

And yes, I'm aggressively promoting this thing everywhere I possibly can. But I'm determined to make someone else watch this show so people will know what I'm talking about!

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

I really enjoyed Blue Seed as well. I think about it every so often, and I'll put a check in my Tv search, but I never see it. I really enjoyed it, but never saw the last 15 minutes.
    Power outages due to lightning, lightning capital of the world (oh joy). I hope that I'll see it again someday. I was excited to see that the Sci-Fi channle started an anime-monday. I wash they'd make it Monday-Friday. DirectTV does not have an anime channel. G_d save us from thees heathens who run the show! Anime is the thing, more and more channels have some anime on at least 1 time a week. I would pay the extra $10.00 a month to have an anime channel... May the G_ds smile down upon the anime fools who hold out hope.
    Sorry got off topic there. I enjoyed the art, the story line, the whole package. It was a good anime show that should be shown again. Perhaps we'll both be lucky and it will be shown again soon.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that people overlook "Blue Submarine No.6" too often. Even though it is only 4 episodes they manage to pack in an amazing story into it. The visuals are just stunning and the music is just as great. Theres not much about it that anyone can say anything negative about it...I think. ^^;

Its nearly a decade old and I believe that its still one of the best out there. Thats GONZO for you.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shinku no kage View Post
    I think that people overlook "Blue Submarine No.6" too often. Even though it is only 4 episodes they manage to pack in an amazing story into it. The visuals are just stunning and the music is just as great. Theres not much about it that anyone can say anything negative about it...I think. ^^;
    Its nearly a decade old and I believe that its still one of the best out there. Thats GONZO for you.
    i've seen it and it's quite good ,they produced a very good story in only 4 episodes
    Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Escaflowne was the first anime I shared with my mother. She enjoyed them so much that she owns her own box set. My mom's in her late 50s and had no interest in anime at all before Escaflowne came along.

You should really check out Genesis of Aquarion whenever it's actually released in the US. The director was a head animator on Escaflowne, the music is by Yoko Kanno, and quite a bit of the design and key animation staff are Escaflowne vets. As a result, the entire thing feels more than a wee bit like Escaflowne itself.

And yes, I'm aggressively promoting this thing everywhere I possibly can. But I'm determined to make someone else watch this show so people will know what I'm talking about!
    this Yoko Kanno is really amazing because Escaflowne is one of the animes that stunned me completely with its music only let alone its unbelievably great story .. it's of the best anime stories i ever saw till now .. and i'll try to see the "Genesis of Aquarion" as soon as i can because from what you said it can't be other than great like Escaflowne
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast