+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The close to forgotten anime series

Otaku Kazaf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: The close to forgotten anime series

Hum I guess I'll go with Captain Tsubasa. When I was young that anime really caught my attention. I guess it really helped that a World Cup was taking place that year (forgot when exactly). Soccer fever was flowing through my veins.

I'm not sure I hear a lot of mention of Last Exile. It was really great world that they created in that anime and the characters gave me a weird serene feeling 0__o. As weird as that sounds.

Otaku crimson is off to a good start crimson's Avatar
    Thanks

haha... really? the kiddy grade series has an ova2? How come I never found one in ebay and veoh... darn... hey, the art work is cool you know... Hmm... blue seed... two people have already mentioned it. I wanna see it! Can anyone tell me what the main plot of the series is? I would really like to know!
    i'll choose to love whoever i wish to love and nobody can stop me from doing so ----

crimson
    edited from SamBakZa.net

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Because they come out at the end of this month in Japan and haven't been liscenced or released in the United States.

Kiddy Grade OVAs:

http://www.animeonline.net/gallery/s...hp?photo=20179
    http://www.animeonline.net/gallery/s...hp?photo=20178

Thanks

Thanks tsurara... anyway... Yeah i like last exile as well... Its a story about two kids who fly a weird aircraft right... I like the first three episodes but the cable company ended the series in the eigth i think, if i'm not mistaken... they really piss me off...
    anyway... the mix of the comuter generated graphics and hand drawn characters are well incorporated in the anime... I wish I could finish it... been too busy with the final exams coming up though... so yeah... maybe nthis semestral break...
    YEAH!!! sembreak!
    i'll choose to love whoever i wish to love and nobody can stop me from doing so ----

crimson
    edited from SamBakZa.net

syd
    Otaku syd is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Escaflowne was the first anime I shared with my mother. She enjoyed them so much that she owns her own box set. My mom's in her late 50s and had no interest in anime at all before Escaflowne came along.

You should really check out Genesis of Aquarion whenever it's actually released in the US. The director was a head animator on Escaflowne, the music is by Yoko Kanno, and quite a bit of the design and key animation staff are Escaflowne vets. As a result, the entire thing feels more than a wee bit like Escaflowne itself.

And yes, I'm aggressively promoting this thing everywhere I possibly can. But I'm determined to make someone else watch this show so people will know what I'm talking about!
    I agree too Escaflowne was really good. That was the firts time I saw a Mecha series with a Medieval Plot. Although I feel like the series was a bit draw out that is perhaps why I like the movie better that the series. Plus the movie it seems more darker too.

Anyhow I have noticed that not many people know about "Kagaku ninja tai Gatchaman" (G-force) and “Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken” (based in the fantasy world of the video game series Dragon Quest)

Have any of you seen this animes.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by syd View Post
    Anyhow I have noticed that not many people know about "Kagaku ninja tai Gatchaman" (G-force) and “Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken” (based in the fantasy world of the video game series Dragon Quest)

Have any of you seen this animes.
    "Gatchaman"...not a lot of it, just re-runs when I was little. A classic nonetheless with a interesting story and artwork (Forgot the name of the artist but I'm told that he did the visual arts for the Final Fantasy series)

...and the many adaptations done on this series is just pathetic that I just wanna cry. (T^T)

As for..."Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken"!? OMG!! Its been over a decade since I've last watched it!! I've only rented VHS of it at stores when I was young. I barely remember much of this at all either but I can atleast say the story was very intriguing and kept the events interesting.

Another rarely known classic in the US, "Tiger Mask". I dont know why but recently I've had the strongest urge to watch it...but its really hard to find. (T^T) It was just amazing what they've done with the story and the action scenes...(T^T) Words cannot describe the level of perfection this series stands at.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

Animes that I really liked but seemed forgotten are Gungrave and Soul Taker. I loved these animes but I don't really find many people who know much about them. I will give you that Gungrave had to 2 games but thats cause it started from games and the second one sucked anyways.

Thanks

Wow... I'd have to admit I don't really know those anime... Haha... Looks like I really have a lot of suggestions from this site... I should look those up soon... Haha!

Anyway... do any of you know Magic Knights Rayearth... I know they sound gay and look kinda girly and all... But it was fun... Haha. I watched it during my childhood days so yeah i liked it... The earth fire and water elements they controlled was cool. Haha...

crimson
    edited from SamBakZa.net

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast