+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The close to forgotten anime series

syd
    Otaku syd is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: The close to forgotten anime series

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel219 View Post
    Look out, I think I'm about to start sounding rather old...

When I was growing up, I'd make extra sure I woke up (usually) in time to watch my favorite morning shows. Years, later, I look back & realize I've been watching Anime my whole life. Some of the shows I used to watch which I would love to find out again include Technoman (guy uses crystals to transform into a living combat machine, to destroy the invading aliens who gave him that power looking for leaders), Samurai Pizza Cats (humanoid/cybernetic cats fighting robots in a show that pokes fun at itself), Maybe even Thunder Cats (humanoid cats crash landed on a planet I think, fighting to survive & hold off invasion).

I must admit, I haven't heard of most of the ones mentioned, definately haven't seen any of them either. I'm really gonna have to watch more Anime, not that I need an excuse...

You are making me sound old too.

Samurai Pizza Cats was one of my favorite shows. I even used to sing alone when ever the intro song would come up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrono12 View Post
    I think people have entirely forgotten Monster Ranchers. Heck, I forgot about it untill now but I never hear about that show at all anymore. That show was possibally one of the first anime shows I ever saw in my life. It was a very good show with a good storyline.

yes, I remember that show. it was good but it was like the fake vesrion of pokeman!

Newbie maamon is off to a good start maamon's Avatar
    Thanks

For me ... I don't usually find anybody talks about "You're Under Arrest" or about "Blue Noah" ... You're Under Arrest is in two seasons one of them is about 51 episodes long ... and two specials and a movie ... it's a bit old (1986) but it's not too old like Blue Noah which belongs to the 70s(can't remember 73 or 76) ... they're great ...
    Timing Is Everything ...

Newbie artrias is off to a good start artrias's Avatar
    Thanks

My fav is air gear hardly no one ever talks about it though it's like one of the best anime out and the manga drawings are pretty good too. C'mon just think about it! Who wouldnt want to just ride on walls and soar through the sky like that? Its awsome! But the main reason I really like it is because of the action and the moves they pull.
    D. Artistro

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    Whoa... Haha... Peace out man but you do sound pretty old... haha... Haven't even heared of those or watched anything with a similar storyline or plot to match... Haha... It's either they don't exist in my country or that It's just too old to be remembered... Wow... Haha.
    *shakes walking stick at Crimson*
    *wheezy old mans voice*Now listen here sonny...
    I'll admit, I am 26, but I'm not that old. Just because you have to grow older, doesn't mean you have to stop enjoying yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by syd View Post
    You are making me sound old too.

Samurai Pizza Cats was one of my favorite shows. I even used to sing alone when ever the intro song would come up.
    Will somebody please cue that boyd
    Samurai Pizza Cats (oh yeah!)
    Who do you call when you want some pepperoni?
    You might like that link...

Another one I forgot to mention is one I recently got the box set of, Godannar. It was apparently made in 2006, but doesn't seem to have been really noticed yet. It's about human pilots using giant robots (I'm guessing around roughly 20 meters tall +) to fight monsters called Mimetic beasts. 5 years ago, a 12 year old girl was sucked out a transport jet thing when the damaged door ripped open. Suddenly, A giant hand reached out of the rubble of some city buildings, catching her in the airbags built in to the palm. Handing Anna back to the rescue crew personally, the late teen/ early 20's Goh returned to the Dannar, finishing the battle & helped win it for the humans. Now, 5 years later, the beasts still rear their heads every now & again, Goh has been moved onto the standby list, but that's not what's on his mind at the moment. He's walking down the isle with Anna, now 17 & rather well developed. However, just as he goes to say "I do", something comes up that demands he jumps back into the cockpit right there & then, with Anna's mother riding with him to command the battle. Being the type of girl not to sit & wait, Anna uses Goh's brother's moped to go to the base herself, but that doesn't go quite to plan, & that's when things get interesting...

It's got a fair bit of action in it, some damn cool looking robots, some of which can actually merge together, increasing their power & allowing a whole heap of new attacks available. Mind you, there's also a lot of fan service in there too, for those interested in that kinda stuff, along with some rather amusing moments.

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Well im not sure if you guys have herad of this but does anyone know of Gantz or Maburaho idk if those are super popular but i loved em
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

syd
    Otaku syd is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maamon View Post
    For me ... I don't usually find anybody talks about "You're Under Arrest" or about "Blue Noah" ... You're Under Arrest is in two seasons one of them is about 51 episodes long ... and two specials and a movie ... it's a bit old (1986) but it's not too old like Blue Noah which belongs to the 70s(can't remember 73 or 76) ... they're great ...
    So far I have only seen the movie and thought the plot was really good.

I'll admit, I am 26, but I'm not that old. Just because you have to grow older, doesn't mean you have to stop enjoying yourself.
    I know what you mean bro. I'm 23 and I'm still a big anime fan.

Otaku crimson is off to a good start crimson's Avatar
    Thanks

I think people have entirely forgotten Monster Ranchers. Heck, I forgot about it untill now but I never hear about that show at all anymore. That show was possibally one of the first anime shows I ever saw in my life. It was a very good show with a good storyline.
    hey... yeah... i also forgot about that anime... haha... hmm... i don't remember the boy's name either. but i believe they were in a video game. i especially remember the annoying lil eye monster. he was stupid. i don't know if i remember it well but did the golem like monster die? were they after the phoenix or something?

My fav is air gear hardly no one ever talks about it though
    FYI: haha... i soind a lil bit of a great person using the FYI tag... anyway... airgear just got released in the philippines, i admit i haven't watched it yet. i don't know if its new or not, but the thing is it's just been introduced in my country...

peace out! i am 17 you know... i am not that young either...
    but boy... did you sound so old saying that... hehe.
    i'll choose to love whoever i wish to love and nobody can stop me from doing so ----

crimson
    edited from SamBakZa.net

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post

peace out! i am 17 you know... i am not that young either...
    but boy... did you sound so old saying that... hehe.
    There's a reason we celebrate birthdays at my place. It means you've survived another year. You're yet to get as far as me...

Managed to track down a pic of Technoman, for those who have never heard of it.

He uses that crystal to transform into the "mecha" behind him. Wouldn't mind getting the series on DVD...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast