Closed Thread

Thread: Comic Party/Comic Party Revolution

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Smile Comic Party/Comic Party Revolution

Grumble Grumble Grumble

I'm a bit surprised that no one in AO is talking about 'Comic Party' anime series, especially when the original 'Comic Party' is about to come out in a thin pack collection, and the second 'Comic Party Revolution' is about to be released next month.

Based on a Hentai PC Dating game, both anime series is about a budding artist who seeks to become a Manga writer, and try's his hand in the amateur manga (Doujinshi) circuit. As the series watch the main character progress, it also covers (and spoofs) many aspects of the Japanese anime/manga fandom. The second series ('Comic Party Revolution') is said to be truer to the original Dating simulation then the original series...

I have the first series, which is a worthy addition to my anime DVD shelf, and I wait in anticipation for the release of the first 'Comic Party Revolution' DVD next month...

Comic Party: The Right Stuff International Official Website

COMIC PARTY REVOLUTION: ADV Films Offical Website
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Comic Party/Comic Party Revolution

I've read articles on it, but never watched it. So you say it's based off of a hentai game.....
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

You'd be surprised at the number of anime series that were originally based on hentai PC and console games. In addition to 'Comic Party', there is also 'To Heart', 'Kanon', 'Popotan', 'Tsukihime', 'Fate/Stay Night' to name a few... Of course (and particulaly with TV broadcast anime series) then hentai elements are removed. (But you can bet that there will be some 'fanservice' to keep the viewers interested...)

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

From what I've read, this hentai game was made into a TV series, then ported to the Dreamcast with additional characters(like subaru), then remade, then had a special edition series released, and now there's comic party: revolution which features the subaru character from the dreamcast version...pretty crazy history if you ask me.

Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Another nice feature of the 'Comic Party' series, is that for all of those young artist who aspire to become Manga writers, 'Comic Party' presents a serious and realistic look on how the doujinshi market and fandom actually works, and shows what it actually takes to become a professional manga writer. Just about ALL the current Manga artist got their start writing doujinshi manga. And the CLAMP name and artist team was first formed when a bunch of high school students got together to form a doujinshi writing circle to produce hentai doujinshi manga...

Newbie SuperAkuma may be famous one day SuperAkuma may be famous one day SuperAkuma's Avatar
    Thanks

I always liked comic party. Comic Part Revolution i hope they kept it the same as comic party but with a different story. Taishi is so funny.

Thanks ppl @ Naruto central for the sig

Closed Thread