Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Conventions

Otaku Bow Adventure Champion OdysseanPromise may be famous one day OdysseanPromise may be famous one day
    Montclair, NJ (School), Severn, MD (Home)
    Thanks

Question Conventions

So, in another avenue of conversation, and in an attempt to see if I can find some people from AO: how many of you fine folks go to your local anime conventions? I know in the past it had been sort of devided as to who went and who didn't.

If you do go to conventions, which ones do you attend, and is there a reason you attend that specific con (In other words, why?)?

If you don't go to anime, gaming or sci-fi conventions, why not? Are there none accessible to you, or is it something else?

I personally, when I was younger and had more time available to me, went to four cons a year: Katsucon (February, circa Valentine's Day), Anime Mid-Atlantic (End of May), Otakon (sometime during the Summer), and Nekocon (November).

Except for Otakon, which is practically in my backyard, all of the other cons I tend to go to are in Virginia, though Katsucon has moved closer to me, which I am thankful for since I moved to New Jersey for school.

Otakon has always been a blast for me, though Katsucon has always been the source of bad memories, not from the con itself, but from little uncontrollable things that happened around those weekends.

I was also wondering if any of you fine folks were going to Katsucon. It would be fun to meet people in person.

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Conventions

Every year come around i say to my self im gonna go to the convention this year but every year i never get to anime boston.its i dont wanna go its i dont have enof money around that time of year,yet again this year i think im gonna miss the convention.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Otaku Bow Adventure Champion OdysseanPromise may be famous one day OdysseanPromise may be famous one day
    Montclair, NJ (School), Severn, MD (Home)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by koga23 View Post
    Every year come around i say to my self im gonna go to the convention this year but every year i never get to anime boston.its i dont wanna go its i dont have enof money around that time of year,yet again this year i think im gonna miss the convention.
    I've never been to anime Boston, but I do always say that I would like to peruse that area a little bit more. I've only been in the wooded areas of MA.

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Sadly, I don't get to go to anime conventions. Why? Because the nearest one that been to where I live is in Atlanta, GA which is a six hour drive.

One: My parents would never take me anywhere that took long to get there.
    Two: They would never let me go there myself. I'm only sixteen and they won't let me drive out of town much less out of state.

The curse of living in a rural area! I make it up though through internet, Netflix, youtube, Newtype magazine, the mall, T.V. and Barnes&Noble. They are my anime salvation!

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

im in canada and a lot of convetions dont happen here so all i can go to is this one whoich is huge and is called anime north.

Otaku venelse may be famous one day venelse may be famous one day
    Thanks

Sadly, I'm in Singapore so there isn't any Anime Conventions (as far as I know) so I could only pray hard that they'll come here one day..

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by venelse View Post
    Sadly, I'm in Singapore so there isn't any Anime Conventions (as far as I know) so I could only pray hard that they'll come here one day..
    wow theres people from all the contries inthe world. ok im in canada and theres only one that goes around in ontario and thats anime north its a place where you buy manga materials, dress as your favorite anime charcters, play promo anime games, and try neat stuff. it a really cool way to meet people who ahve the same interests

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

For the West Coast of the USA, the Fanime Convention of the Silicon Valley has already started accepting pre-registration for the May 25 - 28 Anime Convention...

FanimeCon 2007 Website
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast