Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Conventions

Otaku venelse may be famous one day venelse may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Conventions

Quote Originally Posted by OdysseanPromise View Post
    It is kind of interesting to see the reactions here. It seems that there are a lot of high school aged and younger people on this forum, and that parental consent is a problem. I guess that's just surprising since I've been on this forum since I was at that age.

Oh man, I feel old.
    Well I get to know Anime through my Family & relatives ('',), young or old, everyone is practically in love with it rather than watching walt disney or looney toons so don't feel old hahaha cos *AGE DOESN'T MATTER IN THE ANIME COMMUNITY *

Newbie animejunkie is off to a good start
    Thanks

I went to Otakon last year with a friend. It was the first big con we had ever gone to and we cosplayed and everything. It was such a blast. We both gophered and as terrible as that sounds it was a lot of fun. I think the best part though was walking down the street as Sasuke and having some non-otaku come up to me, ask me is I was sonic the hedgehog and then take a picture of me. He then walked with us and said sheepishly he didn't want to insult us but sonic was the only cartoon character he knew that wore blue. I just laughed.

After that I ended up staffing our local con, Bakuretsu Con, in Colchester VT. Its a small con but its so much fun. And because its small everyone knows everyone else there. I can't wait to staff it again this year.

I am also looking forward to Anime Boston. I was told that AB is the best large con in the east. It will be my first time going this year so I am hoping everyone is right.

Otaku Bow Adventure Champion OdysseanPromise may be famous one day OdysseanPromise may be famous one day
    Montclair, NJ (School), Severn, MD (Home)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by animejunkie View Post
    I went to Otakon last year with a friend. It was the first big con we had ever gone to and we cosplayed and everything. It was such a blast. We both gophered and as terrible as that sounds it was a lot of fun. I think the best part though was walking down the street as Sasuke and having some non-otaku come up to me, ask me is I was sonic the hedgehog and then take a picture of me. He then walked with us and said sheepishly he didn't want to insult us but sonic was the only cartoon character he knew that wore blue. I just laughed.

After that I ended up staffing our local con, Bakuretsu Con, in Colchester VT. Its a small con but its so much fun. And because its small everyone knows everyone else there. I can't wait to staff it again this year.

I am also looking forward to Anime Boston. I was told that AB is the best large con in the east. It will be my first time going this year so I am hoping everyone is right.
    Oh man, I have got cosplay/Otakon stories.

Nothing beats walking down the street as Snake from Metal Gear Solid, which involves tons of military gear, and being asked by a homeless person if I was a terrorist.

<sigh>

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Re: Conventions

I don't go to Anime conventions. Iam not an anime freak. But I like anime!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OdysseanPromise View Post
    Oh man, I have got cosplay/Otakon stories.

Nothing beats walking down the street as Snake from Metal Gear Solid, which involves tons of military gear, and being asked by a homeless person if I was a terrorist.

<sigh>
    Ok that one has me beat. That is awesome. Of course having all sorts of random people stare at you like you're a freak is just fun anyway. Although the first day my friend and I were dressed as Kikyo and Inuyasha and everyone was trying to stop up and yelling sit as us....it was amusing.

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Familyguyfan2 View Post
    I don't go to Anime conventions. Iam not an anime freak. But I like anime!
    I think you just called us convention goers freaks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZeRoGravity View Post
    I think you just called us convention goers freaks.
    Yeah but no worries though. My motto is who wants to be normal....its boring.

Newbie NickRaciti may be famous one day NickRaciti may be famous one day
    Thanks

I've always been interested in attending, but I'm not sure what kind of things I can expect, what's expected of me, etc.

I don't think I'd be too interested in any kind of cosplay (for myself), but that's not to say that I wouldn't want to watch others dress up.

Has anyone been to any decent ones in Florida?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast