View Poll Results: What's your opinion on Crescent Moon?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • ~I have read and enjoyed it.

5 45.45%
  • ~I have read and disliked it.

0 0%
  • ~I have heard of it, but have not yet read it.

4 36.36%
  • ~I have never heard of this manga.

2 18.18%
Closed Thread

Thread: ~Crescent Moon~

Otaku Foreshadow may be famous one day Foreshadow may be famous one day Foreshadow's Avatar
    Thanks

~Crescent Moon~

~Hello loyal members of AO~

Now, Crescent Moon is a manga series that sits on shelves in bookstores and isn't extremely rare--yet I have noticed that many have never taken the time to read it. C. Moon happens to be my favorite manga for several reasons:

1) The art
    2) The characters
    3) The Plot

These three are essential to make any manga or anime enjoyable, but what is different about Crescent Moon that makes it go so frequently unnoticed? Actually, I really don't know. It may be lack of advertising, lack of appeal to a mahor audience, or just lack of general knowledge made known to the public. So, for everyone out there who have read the series, this thread is for you. And for those of you who haven't, then here you can decide for yourself if you are interested or not.

But first, let me tell you a little bit about the story.

~The main character is an unlucky school-girl named Mahiru who has the ability to give her luck to others. She lost her parents in an accident when she was very young, and so lives with her aunt. There is nothing very extraordinary about her, nothing that could really set her apart from the others--except one solitary thing. Mahiru, for as long as she can remember, has had dreams of an ancient story; one of a world of demons and a misunderstanding that would end tragically. Always in the dream, a song comes to her, one which she knows by heart--but that no one else has ever even heard of. One day, a stranger meets her who does know and recognize the song--and later he and his rather unusual (quite non-human) friends ask her for her help to save their people.

Note: C.Moon is, more or less, directed at a female audience. I'm not trying to be judgemental though, I have met a few guys that have enjoyed the series as well.

Now, for all of you C. Moon fans or anti-fans, please post your opinions here about this manga. Enjoy!

---DaRe tO bE nO oNe BuT yOuRsElF---
    {My Blogsite: RR+CV}

Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: ~Crescent Moon~

I love Crescent Moon!! In fact, that is where my user name comes from ^^ What I liked most about Crescent Moon is the characters. They are all just so different, yet so wonderful! I think one of the troubles with the book may be how the first section is very confusing. The first time I read it, I was like "What are there names and moon phases listed?? Why does that weird-looking creature hate her?? WHAT??" If you continue you, however will find many awesome characters and a great story!!
    Wo shi zhen zhen zhen xi huan ni...

Thank you Equinn!! ^-^

Otaku LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13's Avatar
    Thanks

Crescent Moon rocks so much, but I haven't reread it in awhile. I love Akira; goofy but cool. ^_^ I think the characters and art drew me in the best.

I think the only part of this manga that disappointed me was the whole not following up on Mitsuru not liking water. I mean, they had Mahiru be this great swimmer, and then there's Mitsuru who doesn't like water, but they didn't really develop that. Whatever though. It was still fantastic.
    "True kindness isn't something we're born with; it's something we have to work at. We have to mold it and shape it with ourselves. Not everyone has it, but I think everyone has the potential. Sometimes you just have to look really close before you can tell it's there." -- Kyoko Honda Fruits Basket
    ~ ~

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Foreshadow
    Note: C.Moon is, more or less, directed at a female audience. I'm not trying to be judgemental though, I have met a few guys that have enjoyed the series as well.

Now, for all of you C. Moon fans or anti-fans, please post your opinions here about this manga. Enjoy!
    Directed towards female fans huh? I still think that I should give it a look since all of you seems to have good things to say about it...if not then I can always give it to my sis.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shinku no kage
    Directed towards female fans huh? I still think that I should give it a look since all of you seems to have good things to say about it...if not then I can always give it to my sis.
    Hahahah! It's a plain girly-girl show. lol. ^_^ I have had a chance to glimpse through the volume 1, since my little sister is a crazy fan of this manga. lol. ^_^;;; I remember reading something about a girl named Shiraishi is having apprehensions about someone or some creatures, and then I fell asleep. Hahahah. No offense to the fans. -_-"

Newbie YaoiLover may be famous one day YaoiLover may be famous one day YaoiLover's Avatar
    Thanks

I've read all of the volumes and The person I borowed them from lives on my block and I can borrow them whenever I want. I love this series by the way

Otaku Foreshadow may be famous one day Foreshadow may be famous one day Foreshadow's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedar
    Hahahah! It's a plain girly-girl show. lol. ^_^ I have had a chance to glimpse through the volume 1, since my little sister is a crazy fan of this manga. lol. ^_^;;; I remember reading something about a girl named Shiraishi is having apprehensions about someone or some creatures, and then I fell asleep. Hahahah. No offense to the fans. -_-"
    *laughs* Yeah, I've heard that reaction before. ^^ No offense taken. If you pick up the first volume, my advice is:

1) to either read it very quickly and pick up the second.
    2) OR: to just read/skim it in the store and get the second one.

*Note: Nothing actually major takes place in the first volume (I loved the artwork so much I really didn't care...O.o...or notice until recently....*hehe*) but the action does pick up from the second volume on... *just FYI to those that might look into it like Shinku-kun.

This is actually factual though, I promise *crosses heart* a guy-friend of mine did manage (with some struggle) to stay awake through the first book then went on through the series. I was very proud....but yeah, if you don't want to take the time...don't get it.

Bonus: It does make a great gift for any sister/or other female-aquaintance that likes manga if you end up disliking it, though.

---DaRe tO bE nO oNe BuT yOuRsElF---
    {My Blogsite: RR+CV}

Closed Thread