+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Crest of the Stars / Banner of the Stars

Newbie Kjølen may be famous one day Kjølen may be famous one day
    Thanks

Crest of the Stars / Banner of the Stars

Hello, all! It's been awhile! But, enough foreplay, let's get to the topic.

The Seikai series, who has seen it? This includes Crest of the Stars, Banner of the Stars, Banner of the Stars II, Banner of the Stars III, and the possible rumours of Banner of the Stars IV.

I always loved science fiction and space operas, but the anime ones are even more awesome.

Pointed-eared girls from a genetically altered race of space-people? WIN. Huge-scale space battles? SUCCESS. Long, long, long family names? ULTRAKILL! (Abriel Nei Dubrusk Viscount of Paryuunu, Lafiel)

Anyway, aside from my pointless ramblings, if you haven't seen this little niche anime, I highly suggest you pick up the series on Amazon, here. Or, if you simply want more information on it, go here.

Synopsis (Slightly edited from AnimeNewsNetwork): Jinto, a young earl, whose world was taken over by the largest Empire in the Galaxy: The Humankind Empire Abh. Jinto's father handed their world over to the Abh in exchange for a standing in the Abh Empire. As a result, Jinto became a prince and was shipped off for an Abh Education. Later he meets an Abh girl, Lafiel, whom he quickly befriends despite her cold exterior. The Abh empire is plunged into war and the story continues from there...

* The Abh Nation * Ask me about CREST OF THE STARS: A fantasy science fiction anime. *

Otaku kurapika is off to a good start kurapika's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Crest of the Stars / Banner of the Stars

Umm well i have read the first two manga
    Its a Nice storyline but im not really into science fiction anime but if you Call
    The melancholy of hahuri suzumiya a science fiction anime that the only one i really like

great sig by Lasura thanks heaps

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

Really nice anime indeed, but nevertheless manga is so much better cos it actually tells
    you the whole tale of Jinto and Lafiel. You could find those as anime too, prequel might be
    OVA but it needs so much effort to get all. So I would recommend getting the manga first.
    Story is something that I like to watch, maybe I would have hoped little more interaction
    between Lafiel and Jinto, but you can't win every time.

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

I liked this series watched Crest of the Stars then bought the manga. I've only seen some of the anime for Banner of the Stars and I have yet to read any of it mangas. Overall I really liked this series. I should probably get uptodate with it again.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

Thanks

Crest of the Stars seems to focus on the beginning on Jinto and Lafiel's (and indeed, Jinto and the Abh's) relationship, with the start of the war brewing. Banner of the Stars could really in depth into the war with space battles and action and stuff. It also did an excellent job of showing more of the Abh race and their lifestyles. Banner of the Stars II was far more exclusive to Jinto and Lafiel, even though they spend most of it apart, it hinges greatly on their relationship. Banner of the Stars III shows that Jinto and Lafiel are undeniably (even to themselves and eachother) close, and wraps up Jinto's dedication to Lafiel and his place in Abh society. Banner of the Stars IV, if they make it, is highly anticipated to be awesome by esteemed critics:

"It's going to be stunning and awesome, you cannot deny it!" - Kjølen

"Seikai no Senki IV will be more popular than Bleach and One Piece combined!" - Kjølen

I told you to stay away from me and my family! - Disgruntled Seikai Fan who declined an interview, but expressed great enthusiasm for SnS IV.

I dunno if I can explain the story a bit more without spoiling it, but a great seikai resource is The Abh Nation, which is the biggest English Seikai fansite and community.

* The Abh Nation * Ask me about CREST OF THE STARS: A fantasy science fiction anime. *

Otaku animemeg may be famous one day animemeg may be famous one day animemeg's Avatar
    Thanks

I have not seen it but I have taken a look at it... It is actually high on my list of things to watch

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by animemeg View Post
    I have not seen it but I have taken a look at it... It is actually high on my list of things to watch
    Good! I've heard that Jinto is a really good bishie for girls but, I cannot confirm that personally.

Otaku animemeg may be famous one day animemeg may be famous one day animemeg's Avatar
    Thanks

Not so into bishie... I like my men to be men and my girls to be girls..... I am bi so if there is going to be a cute/soft/femine character I would MUCH rather it be a girl.... I am more attracted that way

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast