Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: D.Gray-Man

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

D.Gray-Man

Okay, I was wondering if anyone here have heard of this Gothic-fiction manga series known as D.Gray-man.

Here's the basic plot and story:

Akuma, monsters born from dead souls mistakenly recalled by their loved ones to the living world, are the weapons of the Millenium Earl, who is intent on the destruction of the world. Allen Walker has been cursed with an anti-Akuma weapon as his left arm and an eye that sees the former soul of the Akuma since his youth. He is also one of the few who contain "Innocence", a substance that allows him to kill Akuma and fight the Earl. With these powers, he joins the Black Priest Organization as an Exorcist and sets out with other Exorcists to stop the Earl's attempts to annihilate the human race.

Heh, I think there are some similarities between this series and Fullmetal Alchemist. Both leads are short and ridiculed for being short and also they have a disfigurement. Edward has his automail arm and leg. D.Gray-Man's Allen Walker has his entire left arm as well as his left eye "cursed" to become an anti-Akuma weapon. But... when I mentioned that to one of my friends, he got really pissed at me and he said he was insulted that I would even compare the two and that D.Gray-man was better than FmA in everyway possible.

LOL. Well, it's a good series nonetheless. A relatively new manga. There isn't any news of it being adapted into an anime anytime soon though... I have high hopes that this series will kill FmA. That's what I believe.

I love my girlfriend.

Newbie twilight's angel may be famous one day twilight's angel may be famous one day twilight's angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: D.Gray-Man

wow..is this a new manga???

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, it's pretty new. It came out two years ago in Japan, but it's not finished yet. Apparently, it's still on hiatus... *sigh* But Viz recently got their hands on it and they've been releasing it in the States. Volume One just came out last month. Volume Two will come out on August.
    I love my girlfriend.

Newbie twilight's angel may be famous one day twilight's angel may be famous one day twilight's angel's Avatar
    Thanks

oh..why in august...??that sucks...

Newbie outlawstar may be famous one day outlawstar may be famous one day outlawstar's Avatar
    Thanks

I bought it three days ago. I didnt read it yet though.

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks

So the makers of Fullmetal alchemist made this manga?

DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

I've only got it up to Vol 8. It's not bad - interesting concept. The art isn't quite the kind I like, but the cover art is pretty nice. Vol 9's looks especially cool - can't wait to get my hands on it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro_psyco666
    So the makers of Fullmetal alchemist made this manga?
    Nope, I was just comparing the two. I found the two of them similar when I read them, but it's still a pretty good read.
    I love my girlfriend.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast