Closed Thread

Thread: Death Note

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Death Note

I've been reading up on Death Note, and I'd like to recommend it to everyone.

"Probably the most compelling and interesting title to come out of Viz’s young-adult-themed Shonen Jump Advanced line, Tsugumi Ohba and Takenshi Obata’s Death Note is a surprisingly gripping and original suspense tale that raises a handful of interesting questions about morality. Anyone with a taste for mystery (and a good dose of gallows humor) should find Death Note to be refreshingly sophisticated."

Read the rest of the review here.

Basically, Light, the main character, finds a death note. It's a notebook owned by a Shinigami. Death notes are basically killing devices. Shinigami use them to kill humans, but if a human were to come in contact with a death note, they control it, and can also now see the Shinigami it belonged to. Light begins to kill criminals, in an attempt to make the world a "better place." By killing criminals, people start recognizing him as "Kira." Some people actually praise him, and think he is doing the right thing. However, the world's governments aren't pleased. They hire the best detective available, called "L."

It's my favorite anime. I was hooked from the start. I think I read 40 chapters in about 4 hours. I was just reading through. I couldn't get enough. It's a serious, psychological manga. It's not your typical manga or anime. The dialouge itself is intellectual and lengthy. It's a detective story when you really think about it. Kira and L begin to play games with each other. Kira wants to kill L, and L wants to arrest Kira.

Go read, young ones. Also, pick up CDisplay. Just google it. The best program to read manga on the computer, if you're Death Note on the computer anyway.
    Last edited by Silverskater145; Apr 19, 2006 at 01:24 AM.

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Death Note

whew, i thought i was going to have to talk down a suicidal............

Otaku Clow Sakura may be famous one day Clow Sakura may be famous one day Clow Sakura's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm. Sounds Interesting.
    Smileys + Me =

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shu
    whew, i thought i was going to have to talk down a suicidal............
    Me too, but I like stuff like this. So yea I'll check it out.

Thanks for telling me.
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Thanks

I like Death Note very much ^^ I have read up to chapter four and can not wait to read more. The Shinigami is for some reason my favourite character... ^^
    Wo shi zhen zhen zhen xi huan ni...

Thank you Equinn!! ^-^

Newbie STEELFANG may be famous one day STEELFANG may be famous one day STEELFANG's Avatar
    LOCATION? Who needs a location when you have skittles?
    Thanks

Death Note is brilliant. I couldn't imagine how hard it would be to write somethin like that. I only expected it to go on for 3 or 4 volumes, but wow, it just gets better and better with every one... really suspenseful

Closed Thread