+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Definition of a True Anime Fan

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Definition of a True Anime Fan

Hi everyone! Okay, ever since I have become interested in anime I have heard comments saying "Okay, I want some real anime fans to answer this question." or some kind of question or comment along those lines.

It got me to thinking. How do most people in the anime fan world define an anime fan? Do you consider someone who likes just one anime to be an anime fan? Or do you think that someone has to have watched a vast array of anime before they can be considered one?

As for me, I think that if you only like one anime then you are really not an anime fan. You are just a fan of that show. I think when you start to become interested in anime and start searching for new anime and trying to learn more about it is when you become a true fan.

I mean, I have respect for the anime gurus. Who seem to know every anime that has come to creation but I don't think that you have to know that much to be considered a true fan. I think as long as you have a vast interest in anime in general is when you become a true anime fan.

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Definition of a True Anime Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Priestess Angel View Post
    As for me, I think that if you only like one anime then you are really not an anime fan. You are just a fan of that show. I think when you start to become interested in anime and start searching for new anime and trying to learn more about it is when you become a true fan.

I mean, I have respect for the anime gurus. Who seem to know every anime that has come to creation but I don't think that you have to know that much to be considered a true fan. I think as long as you have a vast interest in anime in general is when you become a true anime fan.
    Let's face it, the only true anime fan is LenMiyata. End of story.

I agree that someone who's only seen one or two anime they enjoy are fans of the show rather than "true anime fans". It's akin to hearing a song on the radio and instantly claiming to love the band. But it isn't just about who's seen the most anime; I consider true fans to be those who can watch anime, enjoy it, and comment on it intelligently. If I have a discussion with someone about anime, and they can't say anything more than "it's cool", it makes me think they watch it the way a two year old would...for nothing more than pretty colors and slapstick humor.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

True anime fan = someone that COPLETELY devotes all aspects of their life to anime and all anime associated things. Such as all music known to individual is all anime songs or songs by famous anime voice actors/actresses. Individual's PC is FULL of anime pics, music, and episodes. Room is FULL of manga, DVDs, and posters, etc. of anime series.

Well thats what comes to my mind when I hear that question. To top it off there are different types of anime fans. Note that this is my personal opinion and views...and bit of a joke mixed in. LOL

A "smart" anime fan: Has a job, pays off all living neccestiy, etc. THAN uses all remainder on anime.

A "not-so-smart" anime fan: Buys anime on impulse. A miracle to be with a home.

...is this really in the "anime" category? Seems more fit in the Cyber Lounge.
    Last edited by Shinku no kage; Jun 21, 2007 at 07:12 PM.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

I would call a anime fan some one who watches lots of anime not just know and then i mean a lot a true anime anime fan well watch anime read manga go to see the movies in theater go to anime websites hell read about it he or she well get as much anime they can like me.

Newbie Ryuji Askikaga is off to a good start
    Thanks

I would say if you a vast array of animes then yeah become call you're self a anime fan. If you know one anime you study and do research on it and understand what the anime about then yeah you're true fan of that anime.

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree that someone who's only seen one or two anime they enjoy are fans of the show rather than "true anime fans". It's akin to hearing a song on the radio and instantly claiming to love the band. But it isn't just about who's seen the most anime; I consider true fans to be those who can watch anime, enjoy it, and comment on it intelligently. If I have a discussion with someone about anime, and they can't say anything more than "it's cool", it makes me think they watch it the way a two year old would...for nothing more than pretty colors and slapstick humor.
    Yeah, LenMiyata definitely puts the meaning of being a true anime fan to a whole new level.

There is one thing that I have always run into. The people who say that they are big anime fans but really all they like is the anime that is popular at the time and then drop out of it instantly a few months later or maybe a year and never give it a thought again. Those people are definitely not anime fans. (I have a friend that is very similar to this . . .)

As for me, I definitely consider myself an otaku. I mean I have been into anime since I was seven years old. Though I will admit that when I was a DBZ fan I wouldn't consider myself a real otaku because at the time I didn't even know that was an anime. Almost all the videos I ever watch on the internet are either AMVs, anime parodies, posted anime episodes, or somewhere along that category. Every day that passes by I will do something anime related. Either it be going to Anime News Network to look at some updates, going to Newtype to read some anime articles and reviews, or just looking up an anime that I have heard that was good. Oh yeah, and I also have the Sims 2 game that I use to make anime characters from series that I like and try to put them into similar situations as in the series.

Yet, at times, I still think I am not a true fan because I will admit right now that I don't have a lot of anime merchandise. I try to express my fandom through knowledge, watching anime series, and just giving my view on the series and its characters. Then I read some threads and there will be so many anime series that I haven't heard anything about and it almost makes me ashamed to call myself an otaku. Though, my anime knowledge rivals all in my own community so that comforts me.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post

lol i agree he really knows everything it amazes me with h
    ow much he knows and the info on the anime threads he post's
    about upcoming anime is cool.

A true fan i think has more than just a few favorites
    and ignores the rest , no i think that a true fans watches
    all anime good or bad just because its something they love
    and they avoid something after a few episodes BUT they recommend
    the anime to someone who would like it .

fans are one of a kind they just dont keep a one track mind and never
    tell people about one kind they tell them about what they know
    and what they might be intrested in, I'm not sure if that makes
    since since i am not good as wording things sometimes lol.

but that's my def. of a anime fan.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

A true anime fan isn't someone who COMPLETELY devotes their lives to anime. Those people would just be idiots.

They would be able to balance both life and their hobby. They have an open mind and aren't afraid or too stubborn to watch genre's they haven't watched before, can respond intelligently to ridicule or praise for a specific series and voice their own opinions in a logical thought out manner as well.

So basicly, LenMiyata.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast