+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Definition of a True Anime Fan

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Definition of a True Anime Fan

Individual's PC is FULL of anime pics, music, and episodes.
    Thats my computer. I have a 120 gig HD just for storing anime episodes. Most of my music/images are from anime. I have doujin games and visual novels too.

I say a anime fan would be watching different genres of anime, up to date with anime news and somewhat knowledgeable about the anime industry.

Otaku Lupas is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priestess Angel View Post
    Hi everyone! Okay, ever since I have become interested in anime I have heard comments saying "Okay, I want some real anime fans to answer this question." or some kind of question or comment along those lines.

It got me to thinking. How do most people in the anime fan world define an anime fan? Do you consider someone who likes just one anime to be an anime fan? Or do you think that someone has to have watched a vast array of anime before they can be considered one?

As for me, I think that if you only like one anime then you are really not an anime fan. You are just a fan of that show. I think when you start to become interested in anime and start searching for new anime and trying to learn more about it is when you become a true fan.

I mean, I have respect for the anime gurus. Who seem to know every anime that has come to creation but I don't think that you have to know that much to be considered a true fan. I think as long as you have a vast interest in anime in general is when you become a true anime fan.
    Were as i do agree w/you, since my frist animes were G-force + Robotech when i was 8 i still beleave a fan is a fan one show just tends to open the door for newbies.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

i think a true anime fan is someone who needs to take a bath! ahaha! just kidding guys...

anyway, i think there should be a difference between true anime fan and otaku...

here's my definition of both:

true anime fan: has watched a good deal, enjoys the stories, is open to watching new genres or creators... and most importantly, doesn't dimiss shows from other countries just becuz it's not from Japan... also, has a vast collection of anime on BOTH VHS and DVD, so he can share it with friends! (and yes, the godfather is LenMiyata)

otaku: anime duma$$... someone who only watches what's popular, thinks eating pocky is cultural, and insists that knowing "konnichiwa" and "baka" constitutes a complete understanding of the Japanese language...

:P pretty much everyone who watches Naruto! ahaha! just kidding! or am i?! dun dun dunNnnnnnnn!

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    A true anime fan isn't someone who COMPLETELY devotes their lives to anime. Those people would just be idiots.

They would be able to balance both life and their hobby. They have an open mind and aren't afraid or too stubborn to watch genre's they haven't watched before, can respond intelligently to ridicule or praise for a specific series and voice their own opinions in a logical thought out manner as well.

So basicly, LenMiyata.
    I agree with this post. It is hard to make a unique response completely different from this one or Gren's, so mostly props go out.

I have to include enthusiasm though; without it,..ehh you are a bit shakey in my opinion and I question every word.

Sorry Len, but this is the reason why I scratch you off my list. I see and read the passion/commitment, but I don't feel the passion and commitment. "Sniff" I am sorry it came out this way.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism View Post
    I agree with this post. It is hard to make a unique response completely different from this one or Gren's, so mostly props go out.

I have to include enthusiasm though; without it,..ehh you are a bit shakey in my opinion and I question every word.

Sorry Len, but this is the reason why I scratch you off my list. I see and read the passion/commitment, but I don't feel the passion and commitment. "Sniff" I am sorry it came out this way.
    You do realize that Len has been watching anime since before you were born right? Hell, since before I was born.

Otaku OfeliasFire is off to a good start OfeliasFire's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that you have to like more than one anime show to be an anime fan. Maybe not almost every anime in existence, but you have to be willing to watch others than one and enjoy them. You have to seek anime out on your own as welll....not just referrals from friends. That would be my defintion of a true anime fan. ^-^
    Dear Dinah...

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OfeliasFire View Post
    not just referrals from friends.
    Have to disagree with you there, the majority of my favorite series that I've watched as of late have been refered to me as friends. Heck, if it wasn't for my friend in high school, I wouldn't have even gotten into anime.

You should listen to you friends more, they have different tastes then you and keeping your mind open to newer things might show you some series' that you haven't seen and might enjoy

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Have to disagree with you there, the majority of my favorite series that I've watched as of late have been refered to me as friends. Heck, if it wasn't for my friend in high school, I wouldn't have even gotten into anime.

You should listen to you friends more, they have different tastes then you and keeping your mind open to newer things might show you some series' that you haven't seen and might enjoy
    And if you don't have friends, the nerdy guys who work in the DVD section of electronic stores are pretty helpful. I bought Excel Saga solely on the recommendation of a Best Buy employee. Turned out to be one of my favorites.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast