+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Definition of a True Anime Fan

Otaku OfeliasFire is off to a good start OfeliasFire's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Definition of a True Anime Fan

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Have to disagree with you there, the majority of my favorite series that I've watched as of late have been refered to me as friends. Heck, if it wasn't for my friend in high school, I wouldn't have even gotten into anime.

You should listen to you friends more, they have different tastes then you and keeping your mind open to newer things might show you some series' that you haven't seen and might enjoy

No, you misunderstood what I said. I mean people who the only anime they ever watch comes from friends. I get alot of new anime interests from my friends...but I also explore out on my own. That is what I meant.
    Dear Dinah...

Otaku Master_badger may be famous one day Master_badger may be famous one day
    Thanks

I think the really anime fan is anyone who's enjoy anime and manga with this conditions:

* Buy all the items in authorized stores. Or use the web and buy the items directly from Japan. And all the items are authentic too!

* Enjoy, watch and make a true constructive critic. The "otakus" only see the most popular and are really annoying when talk about theirs favorites without reason or nonsense talks.

* Have a REAL LIFE. A lot of people live alones or isolated. Have the feeling "nobody understand me". Almost an EMO but not a really EMO. Hope you understand this point.

Jejeje, i'm agree with all of you. Len have a new title of fan. And what about him? Don't say anything here. Hope i read the post of the real anime fan.
    "Knowledge is power"

Otaku Tetris Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Trivial Blitz Champion Mechazawa is off to a good start Mechazawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey come on now I'm an anime fan/otaku and live isolated.

I've got two more questions to add to this, the first is:

Does a real anime fan/otaku only watch the sub and curses the dub?

I maybe alienating myself here, but I usually watch the dub myself, on some of the more dialogue heavy shows taking that time reading takes away from the art of the show. I don't curse the sub though I do eventually watch the sub but the dub comes first.

The second is, Does a real otaku refer to anime as a "cartoon"?

I myself hate it when people call anime cartoons at least call it animation

Otaku AuraTwilight is off to a good start
    Thanks

To be a true anime fan you have to watch it all the time...read the manga...go to anime con's you know the works...posters, figures, costums, DVD's,music, etc. You know you can't be an anime fan if you only watch one show! I mean whats the point in it... You need to try new anime's.. read the manga too...and go to at least one anime con!
    ~This felling, what is it..is this love?~

Otaku animemeg may be famous one day animemeg may be famous one day animemeg's Avatar
    Thanks

Honestly it's like being a fan of anything, you just love it and have a passion for it. Other then that it's really just people's personal beliefs that change it, but I think it's almost impossible to define

Banned kokoro4 may be famous one day kokoro4's Avatar
    Thanks

The definition of a true Anime Fan is someone who cant decide on a favorite series like me for example I've seen many different series's in English and in Japanese even the ones that are in Japanese and have no subs and I like theme all the same and I will never stop liking Anime.
    I am a true Anime fan.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazawa View Post
    Does a real anime fan/otaku only watch the sub and curses the dub?

The second is, Does a real otaku refer to anime as a "cartoon"?
    1. well, i think a real anime fan would like which ever tells the story better. not all dubs are bad, and i think he should at least give it a chance. a lot of anime from the old days had great voice acting that captured a character's... well, character or tried to find a western equivolent. dubbing is going downhill... i think it's the result of dumb otakus thinging they can voice act and only going for the anime jobs...

2. i would think he wouldn't mind it. a cartoon is something animated, isn't it? it's meant to entertain, yes? the term "anime" is for Japanese cartoons, so i don't think he would be so offended to use the word "cartoon" for it...

Otaku AuraTwilight is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kokoro4 View Post
    The definition of a true Anime Fan is someone who cant decide on a favorite series like me for example I've seen many different series's in English and in Japanese even the ones that are in Japanese and have no subs and I like theme all the same and I will never stop liking Anime.
    I am a true Anime fan.

ya i agree with you on that..cuzz i know i watch anime in Japanese and english... without subs, i also go to the anime cons to..
    ~This felling, what is it..is this love?~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast