+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Definition of a True Anime Fan

Otaku ILikeApples5520 is off to a good start ILikeApples5520's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Definition of a True Anime Fan

i think a true anime fan is someone who needs to take a bath! ahaha! just kidding guys...

anyway, i think there should be a difference between true anime fan and otaku...

here's my definition of both:

true anime fan: has watched a good deal, enjoys the stories, is open to watching new genres or creators... and most importantly, doesn't dimiss shows from other countries just becuz it's not from Japan... also, has a vast collection of anime on BOTH VHS and DVD, so he can share it with friends! (and yes, the godfather is LenMiyata)

otaku: anime duma$$... someone who only watches what's popular, thinks eating pocky is cultural, and insists that knowing "konnichiwa" and "baka" constitutes a complete understanding of the Japanese language...

:P pretty much everyone who watches Naruto! ahaha! just kidding! or am i?! dun dun dunNnnnnnnn!

i think hes kinda right, but its not a sin to be into popular anime

a true anime fan, as i think i am, appreciates different types of anime and doesn't dislike something just because it is mainstream or not

For example, i hate the script and plot of avatar and think it is a rip -off

however, i think the fighting animations are very clean and cool and i like the fact that they actually use real kung-fu

Thanks to _gwenibe_ for this awesome sig!

Newbie Shichiya may be famous one day Shichiya may be famous one day Shichiya's Avatar
    Thanks

[QUOTE=gren;505545]Let's face it, the only true anime fan is LenMiyata. End of story.
    QUOTE]

THAT IS AN INSULT TO ME AND EVERY ANIME FAN IN THE WORLD
    even if you meant it as some joke don't EVER claim that someone out there is better than any other otaku in the world because at the end of the day no one is a TRUE anime fan we are all just fans of anime and PROUD to be one

END OF STORY

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shichiya View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    Let's face it, the only true anime fan is LenMiyata. End of story.
    THAT IS AN INSULT TO ME AND EVERY ANIME FAN IN THE WORLD
    even if you meant it as some joke don't EVER claim that someone out there is better than any other otaku in the world because at the end of the day no one is a TRUE anime fan we are all just fans of anime and PROUD to be one

END OF STORY
    Ok, Dude. First things first. Calm down. Second, We're only saying that Len is the one true anime fan is because we've (The long term members of AO who have been around since the place started) known him for a long time, and the fact that he's been watching anime since anime started (in the early 60's with Astro Boy), a lot longer then you've been alive.

I'm not afraid, nor offended to say that Len is a bigger anime fan then me, hell, there are alot of other members on this thread who are bigger anime fans then me.

Newbie Shichiya may be famous one day Shichiya may be famous one day Shichiya's Avatar
    Thanks

no disrespect to Len, you or anyone on animeonline but i don't care if i am upset by that insult to all anime fans around the world, to say he the "only true anime fan" is like saying no one except him is an actually anime fan which is absolutely without question NOT TRUE and who cares if hes been watching anime since the 60s..HES OLDER THAN US - i have been watching anime since i was 6 years old, i have dedicated my life to it and have almost given up friends and social life just to get more and more anime for my collection but i will never claim that i am better than anyone and i would hate it if anyone claimed i was

now i know the usual thing to do is to ban or mute me because i disagree with a mod but i'd rather get banned than disown anime in such a disgraceful fashion

p.s. don't even think i have a problem with Len, he is an anime fan and thus to me a friend so don't even consider claiming i got a problem with him got it?

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Why would I mute you? (I couldn't even if I wanted too) You're voicing your opinion on a discussion forum.

What baffles me is how you could be insulted. but the points moot, I disagree with you, you Disagree with me, so lets agree to disagree.

Otaku Master_badger may be famous one day Master_badger may be famous one day
    Thanks

Hey, calm down Shichiya. This thread have the objetive to find togheter a definition of a true anime fan. For us, the best example is Len, but he isn't the only one. In this forums also exist another guys who likes and dedicate their lives to the anime and don't be mad.

So, don't be mad and enjoy the disscusion.
    "Knowledge is power"

Otaku Tetris Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Trivial Blitz Champion Mechazawa is off to a good start Mechazawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    2. i would think he wouldn't mind it. a cartoon is something animated, isn't it? it's meant to entertain, yes? the term "anime" is for Japanese cartoons, so i don't think he would be so offended to use the word "cartoon" for it...

Yeah but I think its disrespectful to lump something as great as GITS or Planetes in with Cow and Chicken or Sponge Bob Square pants. They all may be animated but there worlds apart.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

@Shichiya: what's so bad about saying LenMiyata is the one true anime fan? give the guy some credit, he liked anime since it came out and has managed to keep his life intact. you shouldn't give up your friends just for a show. that's what Len shows the rest of us youngins, that you can have a life and watch some anime too...

@Mechazawa: they're cartoons to me, the differences doesn't come from where it was created, but the message they were going for/script/quality/target audience... those are the differences i see... there may be a million types of apples with all sorts of flavors and colors, but they're all apples at the end of the day...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast