+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 226 1 2 3 4 11 51 101 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Describe your favorite Anime Genre!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Describe your favorite Anime Genre!

Grumble Grumble Grumble

For those of you who want to declare to the world what Genre of Anime you prefer, this is the thread to do it in. But if your going to Post, you must explain (with more then two sentences) what you prefer, and why you prefer it....

As for myself, my preference depends on the time of year. During the bright and warm summer months I tend towards the darker and more complex Cyberpunk Sci Fi, Vampire/Demon Hunting Genre and other Adult Subject series, while during the winter months, to counter the colder and darker season, I tend towards the brighter and more positive comedies, shoujo and shounen adventures and other slice of life series. There isn't a single Genre that I can claim to be my favorite, as I've seen so many Anime series, I know that there are real gems, even in Anime Genre that I tend to avoid...

So what Genre do you prefer, and why do you like it over the other Genre styles that are out there???
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Nov 26, 2006 at 09:41 PM.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LenMiyata For This Useful Post:

Mortacxo (Apr 24, 2008), Rabanastre (Feb 13, 2009), receiverofhell (Mar 04, 2009)

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Describe your favorite Anime Genre!

I tend to like a lot of action in my anime. Although i too like anime that seems to drag on like Inuyasha for example.But im not into the complex stuff to much.

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Otaku gigi2005 may be famous one day gigi2005 may be famous one day
    Thanks

I almost like evry genre bud i like romance/humor the most.
    The reason for this is that we al expiriense simuler situations so evryone knows whats it about, for instense Love Hina or Ai Yori Aoshi.
    There very easy to understand and very funy.
    But often whit just humor its often bassed on the Japanese coltuur so its dificult to understand if you dont no anything about Japanese coltuur, for instense Excel Saga.
    Its funy bud half of the jokes arent funy becose there dificult to understand.
    Ryuuji likes this.

Newbie doogo530 may be famous one day doogo530 may be famous one day doogo530's Avatar
    Thanks

For a long time I was heavily into Macross and Evangelion, but my fav genre would still have to be the series' like Ranma, Bleach, and Tenchi that include the comedy of high school life with the drama and action of battling.

Newbie dark_side_of_me may be famous one day dark_side_of_me may be famous one day dark_side_of_me's Avatar
    Thanks

im big into my vampire animes. i like ther to be lots of action in them but a good plot aswel. and samurai animes are just plain cool (did someone say samurai champloo...) i also like to indulge in sum animes that feature excessive violence, to calm my nerves after a hard days work. lol

Newbie Kokoro_no_Ankoku may be famous one day Kokoro_no_Ankoku may be famous one day
    Thanks

I love anime that either involves Mechs, a romantic story within a darker one, a complex storyline, or is a pure comedy... That's kind of vague, isn't it?

Well, my favorite are Rozen Maiden, Azumanga and Escaflowne... Hopefully, the gives you an idea of the kind I like...

I don't like it when the anime loses it's plot and goes into loads of fillers, though... That usually puts me off the anime *cough*Naruto*cough*Bleach*cough*

Newbie Enigmas may be famous one day Enigmas may be famous one day Enigmas's Avatar
    Thanks

i'm into a lot of action especially like the shinobi/samurai anime like naruto or samurai champloo. i would have to say though that my favourite genre is cyperpunk stuff like Akira or Metropolis and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, which is my favorite anime.

Otaku TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9's Avatar
    Thanks

I would definitly agree with your choice of anime. I also like the shoujo genre as well because it tends to have more substance then a lot of fighting shows including the Dragon Ball series and Baki the Grapller. It also has bright colors and the storylines tend to be a lot better. I also really like sci-fi anime for same reason of substance. I never met a person on this forum that likes the exact series I do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 226 1 2 3 4 11 51 101 ... LastLast