+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 226 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 68 118 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Describe your favorite Anime Genre!

Newbie ketsueki Tenshu is off to a good start ketsueki Tenshu's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Describe your favorite Anime Genre!

My particular genra is most likely the darker kind, but I do enjoy the occasional slash em up anime's. But I have to say most the decent fantasy anime's are the one's I enjoy, (Bleach, Hellsing, Tormori Ori, ect....)

Only those who put their mind to it, can recive all the power available to them

Newbie itachigal3 is off to a good start
    Thanks

my favorite anime is naruto.it is about ninjas.in naruto there are different levels of ninjas.genin,chuunin,jonin,and kage.to become a ninja one must graduate from the ninja acadamy.ninjas have to compleate missions.the missions are labeled S,A,B,C,and D(S ranked missions are really rare and usually have to do with things involving breaking the law).As go to jonins,Bs go to jonins and chuunins,Cs go to chuunins and genin,and Ds go to genin.DO NOT READ ANY FARTHER IF YOU DONT LIKE SPOILERS!the main character is naruto,a 12 year old boy in the acadamy who likes pranks and ramen and wants to become hokage.anyway he finally graduates and is put in a squad with sakura and sasuke and the squad is led by kakashi.anyway to actually pass they have to get a bell from kakashi.but theres only 2!in the end NONE of them gets one.he tells them they have another chance and lets them have lunch.except naruto doesnt get any and kakashi says if anyone trys feeding him they will fail!but naruto seems really hungrey so sasuke and sakura give him food.then kakashi passes them for working together.they compleate missions for a while and then around the chuunin exams they split up.after them naruto went with jiria to find tsunade.later itachi(sasukes bro) and kisame(the shark dude)come to get naruto(the akatsuki are after his demon)!sasuke comes along and gets beat up by itachi.later tsunade becomes hokage and she heals him.then he fights naruto on the hospital roof but they are interuppted by kakashi.later sasuke runs away and naruto chases him and then they fight.sasuke wins but naruto is still alive.that is as far as ive gotton(i watch it in english).

Newbie itachigal3 is off to a good start
    Thanks

oops you said favorite GENRE....oh well i dont really have one i just like naruto

Teddy Bear =^_^= Bean Hunter Champion Frozen Rose may be famous one day Frozen Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heartless View Post
    well my most fav anime genre is love/romance,animes like bokura ga ita,suzuka,i dont know why i got to animes like that,i also like action/romance/humor animes,pretty much like full metal panic,i like its series.i also like anime with cute characters.they light up my day.and i also like animes with vampires.coz there kinda cool.

great i love romance so much and comedy and all stuff of love ^_^ that is why i love Ouran ..... =^_^=
    http://www.animeonline.net/avatars/frozen-rose-62446.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1230225100
    My Dreams Become Like The Rainbow
    Love Like the Wind You Can't See It But You Can Feel It

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

I like anime that tend of have something out of the ordinary, the closest way to describe this would be: experimental. Those that try new approaches and give something new to learn from. After watching around 150 different series more or less completely, anime tends to become quite repetitive if you watch everything that comes out year after year. But sometimes, a certain animation group and production team seems to try something that hasn't been done.

I could probably watch any genre that is positive, negative, dark, humorous, physcological, for girls, action packed, horror, gory, etc and still like it. It all depends on the approach of the genre and the story that this anime has to tell. Most of the classics or titles that pop up in most of the top 10 lists generally hold something original in them. I guess it always depends on my mood mostly. Light and funny if I'm feeling down and downright turbulent in every imaginable way for the human spirit when I'm energetic and ready to stand in front of things that make you think. A quick example of a few anime of light and funny quirks:

Excel Saga
    FLCL
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Slayers
    Love Hina
    Oh! My Goddess (though with something more profound within this one...for me at least)
    Gunsmith Cats (the manga was hilarious)
    Sailor Moon
    etc........(I could go on for too long)

As for more darker ones:
    Serial Experiment Lain
    Ergo Proxy
    Elfen Lied
    Ghost in the shell
    Noir
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Wolf’s rain (at some point it gets strange)
    Witch Hunter Robin
    Jin-Roh
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
    etc....

Last thing I watched was Welcome to NHK, I thought it wasn't bad and talked a bit about Hikikomori and it felt more realistic than most of the other interpretations of such characters in other anime series. Just for that, I thought it was very interesting to watch, though it didn't affect me enough to be put in my faves list. Last thing I really liked must be Black Lagoon. This series mixes action, psychology, humor, quite a few bits of blood, twists and well, ORIGINALITY!!!....I think :P

I could go on, but generally, originality and a good delivery of something basicly sets me up for going along the whole ride of an anime series/movie/voa/etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

Newbie ceaserthegreat is off to a good start ceaserthegreat's Avatar
    Thanks

I enjoy animes that get straight into things (story) I like bleach,death note,ninja scroll,naruto is ok alot of messing around though, anyway i dont really care for the silly jokes that most animes do. exmp. i watched this anime the other day (dont recall the name) they spent majority of the show making dumb jokes etc.

Newbie animangagrl2772 is off to a good start animangagrl2772's Avatar
    where land and water is made..a place call EARTH
    Thanks

i have 2 agree wit mamoruchibafan1,kokoru_no_ankoku,n dark_side_of_me b cuz their just like me let me give u an explanation on how their like me let me 1st start off wit mamoruchibaFan1i am in luv wit romance i just luv c in couples 2gether even if i dnt have a boyfriend i still luv seein couples n mamoruchibaFan1 iz rite about da sex part dats like da best part iz expressin luv 2 each otha in anyway....its just so romantic*tears*anyways kokoru_ no_ankoku hes rite wit da pure comedy i just love 2 c stuff so hilarious n sometime sad...i finally have 2 agree wit dark_side_of_me i just cnt believe dat some 1 iz also into vampires i really like how da vampire sucks ppl blood n how they fight just like my fave show trinity blood it got some romantic scenes but its kind of hard 2 find it ...oh i 4 got drama n action combine 2gether wit romancen comedy dat would b 1 heck of a show like naruto not dat much of romance but u have 2 try 2 find da couples which i luv doin.....i hope i answer ur question lenmiyata i just dnt wanna have another warning ..im tryin my best 2 follow da rules cuz i just luv dis website i dnt want 2 leave....XD...

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't really say that i have a favorite genre, if i do have one i'm not aware of it. If an anime is good/bad then it is good/bad, i don't care who did it or what genre it belongs to. But i'm gonna participate in this thread nonetheless, not by mentioning a favorite genre but mentioning genres that are positively consistent based on the lineup of the shows under it.

Sports- This genre of manga/anime has an excellent reputation for me, most of the titles under this genre are at least above-average when it comes to my standards. This genre is known for excellent character development, for its excellent usage of realism (no matter how stylized and fictional it is), and for its delivery of excitement (whether it proves to be as exciting as a real game or not depends on the viewer).

Some notable titles:

Slam Dunk (basketball)
    Ashita no Joe and Fighting Spirit (boxing)
    Major (baseball)
    Grander Musashi (fishing)
    Capeta, Speed Racer (racing)
    Captain Tsubasa, Offside (football)

...and many more

I'm sleepy, this is it for now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 226 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 68 118 ... LastLast