+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 224 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 53 103 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Describe your favorite Anime Genre!

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Describe your favorite Anime Genre!

Quote Originally Posted by Xephur View Post
    Action and fighting for me. That always has me ready to flip to the next page
    Quote Originally Posted by Familyguyfan2 View Post
    I like some action and comedy! Like Inuyasha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zixx View Post
    I enjoy watching action and funny anime, but at times i watch romance anime
    More information is needed.

Newbie Alternative ZERO may be famous one day Alternative ZERO may be famous one day
    Thanks

as i've said on another thread but in a brief way, it was the "favorite anime" thread i think....these two:

space oprera- this genre is quite different and unorthodox and those are some of the points why i like it....i can say that this genre is the anime version of western sci-fis...well those shows always involved continous blastings in space, dimensional/time travels, or just travelling in space in faster than light speed...these elements looked repetitive to me but space opera found a cure to this syndrome, yes space operas involved those elements too but it had interesting twists and tackles things differently....take moby dick and count of monte cristo for example, both are classic stories, both are classic stories which was kinda revived interestingly by the genre...whaling in space where whales are big spaceships that looked like whales...i think this genre is often overshadowed and overlooked by most fans since its less comprehendable and lacked most traditional and mainstream elements...it doesn't hit the interests of fans as much as most genres do but it is certainly a beautiful one...i think in terms of beauty, space operas had it all....a well woven story, well drawn overall, pretty decent characters, decent twists, good action scenes whether it's space blasting or just character to character, and a fair share of fun and serious moments as well....the space opera genre is more of a brilliant work of art rather than just a show made to earn money...it's kinda sophisticated rather than a trend setter....

this is one of the more serious genres and like i said it's less comprehendable so not everyone might appreciate it...not really aimed for kids since it tackles several not so kiddie issues...it kinda looks boring if you're new to it but if you really get to appreciate it and gets stuck in your head, it will most likely be one of the best you've seen...

favorite space opera(and my favorite show as well0:
    hakugei:legend of the moby dick

another of my favorite genre is the super robot genre, well we can say it's mecha but i'm specifying on classic super robots....yeah these shows were kinda repetitive in terms of being episodic, it followed the same sequence every episode..(enemy sends a beast, beast obliterates everything it sees and obeys its orders, main hero(s) see it and enter their mecha key vehicles, mecha enters the scene and does a sequence of moves before doing the finisher, everything seems to be okay at least before the next episode)...the good thing i see about that is you'll more likely get hooked on the episodic-ness rather than get bored...and at least the story was gradually getting somewhere rather than getting nowhere unlike some repetitive shows i know...

the robot designs were good, some might laugh at those old school designs but hey...it was made during the 70s, 80s, 90s, the ideas of people back then wasn't as wide and broad as our ideas now...at least right now the new mechas were based on the classic designs and improved to near perfection but back then they just used more primitive looking robots as reference...i can't blame them for looking odd, but when it comes to badly designed new mechas, i'd say those are the ones that should be laughed at(at least in terms of design)...some of my favorites here include zambot 3, jeeg and grendizer.....

Newbie miguelj may be famous one day miguelj may be famous one day miguelj's Avatar
    Thanks

I personally like anime with a mecha theme. I got into collecting gundam model kits because of Gundam Wing. But come to think of it, I'm not really very choosy as I watch just about all of them. Though I get to like it more if the story and graphics are good and also if it's funny.
    Feel free to visit my blog:
    Papercraft Paradise

Newbie theedge182 may be famous one day theedge182 may be famous one day
    Thanks

my favoret anime type would have to be action and drama why drama i dont know but i just like it and then action i like to see people get the crap beat out of each other that is great to watch

Newbie antrihme may be famous one day antrihme may be famous one day
    Thanks

my favorite anime genres would be seinen, echii and yaoi.. i like seinen because i like sports though i dont play any.. echii because i like love stories and a little drama in anime and yaoi because.. i dont know..
    **Hanabi Kamiru**

Newbie anika may be famous one day anika may be famous one day anika's Avatar
    Thanks

anything that has fighting in it or distinct danger
    wow to think that it all started when i found a rock in the shape of a dragonball and now I'm in the realm of d.b.z.

Newbie aristocratic_assassin may be famous one day aristocratic_assassin may be famous one day
    Thanks

My favourite genre for anime would be romantic/humor/adventure. Inuyasha is a good example. It has to be one of my favourite animes ever. I also like cardcaptor sakura. Both plots include romance and its so cute when Inuyasha is "sat" and li is blushing as red as a fire engine.lol. Both shows also go through a lot of action and adventure. I like Getbackers too but there isn't really any romance in it. However, Ginji looks so cute in his chibi form so I would consider Getbackers as a humor/adventure anime.

Newbie DragonsRevenge is off to a good start DragonsRevenge's Avatar
    Thanks

It'd be easier to describe what I dont like-
    I can't stand the "Tournament saga" anime, such as DBZ, St. Seiya, etc. The kind where they fight for 20 episodes, plot is minimal, and they spend 15 minutes either doing flashbacks or explaining a special move and how they won't possibly survive it.

Otherwise, it depends on what I'm in the mood for. I like a good story, regardless of genre, or I like mindless stupid fun (Dragon Half, PPD FTW!). Shoujo comedies are kind of a guilty pleasure. Magical girl genres.. depends on the show. Sailormoon remains a favorite, while Pretear and Mew Mew were rediculous. Ghibli's "Slice of Life" films such as Only Yesterday and Whisper of the Heart (and to a lesser extent, Totoro) are among my favorites from them, and any series like that can bring out feelings of Nostalgia in me (Azumanga daioh does this a lot with its quieter episodes), as long as the characters are strong though, since those kinds of series and movies really require character development to work, otherwise they just get boring as hell.

Also, I'm not really into the mecha genre, too much unless it has elements from other genres. Despite that, EoE is one of my favorite anime movies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 224 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 53 103 ... LastLast