Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Savers

Otaku LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13's Avatar
    Thanks

Digimon Savers

And thus did the mighty Anime Insider proclaim
    "Digimon Savers : After four years of waiting desperately with the hopes of another season, fans now have the fifth season of Digimon from Toei Animation. Masaru, an undefeated middle-schooler, meets Agumon, a digital monster who has escaped from a secret government facility. With the power of friendship, they take on the digital world and other monsters. If you listen carefully, you can hear every card game player, old-school fan and, of course, the toy and collectibles industry cheering at this news."

First off: Is it sad that as soon as I read 'with the power of friendship', I stopped reading the sentence and said "No, Agumon is courage!" This was immediately follwed by "...Oh...wait, nevermind, they're talking about general friendship."

I wouldn't say every fan though. I'm an old-school digi-fan mself. Only the 1st two seasons exist in my reality. The 3rd and 4th were crap, IMO. I'll definatly try and see this though, when it gets over to the US.

Any other thoughts on this development?
    "True kindness isn't something we're born with; it's something we have to work at. We have to mold it and shape it with ourselves. Not everyone has it, but I think everyone has the potential. Sometimes you just have to look really close before you can tell it's there." -- Kyoko Honda Fruits Basket
    ~ ~

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Digimon Savers

it's nice to see another season of Digimon
    it's one of those things from my childhood that I will actually welcome with open arms
    sure, the whole "power of friendship" and the whole teamwork ideals might be somewhat nauseating now that my taste of anime has gone to deeper, more philosophical and thought-provoking anime and also to the ones that have plenty of violence and gore than it used to 8-or-so years ago when Digimon first came out
    the first and second seasons are also my favorites
    the third was decent and the fourth was just pure crap
    what I'm really hoping is an improvement in animation
    I was amazed at the animation of the first Digimon Movie when I saw it in theaters as a kid
    it was just fluid and perfect, unlike the cheap feel that is the anime
    yeah, I'm hoping that the animation for the fifth season will have the same animation style as the movies...
    but I suppose that's hoping too much
    if Toei decides to stick to the traditional style, like that of the second season and beyond, then so be it
    as long as the story is good, the characters are bearable, and the music isn't as poppy as Pokemon's or One Piece
    then everything's all good

good times
    Last edited by Innerhell; Apr 08, 2006 at 09:20 PM.
    I love my girlfriend.

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

another digimon season??? NOOOOO!!! only the first season was good...
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Otaku LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cheza
    another digimon season??? NOOOOO!!! only the first season was good...
    You mean you didn't like the second? I thought it was great.

You know what? I've always kind of wanted them to make another season about the kids of the original digidestined group. I mean, the final episode of the second season showed the whole group, the originals and their kids. I always wanted, in my own childish, nerdy way, to see another season about some issue their kids have to deal with.

Innerhell: I liked the movie, too. I own it. I even managed to get my hands, at one point, on the original 3 uncut movies that make up the english release. Some things even made more sense in the original 3. The 4th movie was cool, too.
    "True kindness isn't something we're born with; it's something we have to work at. We have to mold it and shape it with ourselves. Not everyone has it, but I think everyone has the potential. Sometimes you just have to look really close before you can tell it's there." -- Kyoko Honda Fruits Basket
    ~ ~

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

naw I only liked the first one cuz well I used to watch it when I was younger...and I liked it...
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Otaku Space Runner Champion HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink's Avatar
    Thanks

I really only enjoyed the first 3 seasons with tai matt etc. They were great and got me through the first few years of high school

Thanks alot Sasurihell and Kedar for the sigs and thanks Sammy 65 for the changing pics
    http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1...icsclanhf5.gif[x/img]
    (just remove the "x" from the [x/img] tag!

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

well i just watched the first episode, and yeah it wasn't that bad. The first battle was almost the same as the one in the first season like when Tai and his sis were little and this huge dino comes to the real world and starts attacking buildings and suddenly Greymon appears and defeats the bad digimon.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm....itz been a while since I seen Digimon. I really liked it but when I started watching the dubbed versions I just cmpletely stopped dood. But I hope to see if this will get me hooked on Digimon again.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast