+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Do You Look Down on "Otaku"?

Otaku crimson is off to a good start crimson's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do You Look Down on "Otaku"?

umm... okay... i'm here just to answer the thread title okay...

hmm... otaku aren't really bad people i think... as long as what they're doing is legal, i'm not against it... they're just trying to make a living... they'tre not necessarily nat nauseous either... but if i were asked, i wouldn't want to see an otaku live in action... haha... but making friends? why not? they're still people...
    i'll choose to love whoever i wish to love and nobody can stop me from doing so ----

crimson
    edited from SamBakZa.net

Devoted Otaku Power Play Champion gaarasandkiller1 is off to a good start gaarasandkiller1's Avatar
    Thanks

otaku are they that bad i just like anime thats it i mean no harm lol so illegal ah um do enlighten me
    *All the same i will kill you all,Gaara* (yes i made my own siggy

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gaarasandkiller1 View Post
    otaku are they that bad i just like anime thats it i mean no harm lol so illegal ah um do enlighten me
    im a bit confused by this statement...

and who can forget otacon from MGS? hes cool, hes in a game...

well, maybe hes not so cool....

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

The only problem with that is: How can I look down on myself?

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Devoted Otaku Power Play Champion gaarasandkiller1 is off to a good start gaarasandkiller1's Avatar
    Thanks

well have you ever been to metrocon its a awsome anime convention.and otako that girl said that some do illegal stuff like what? or do i even wanna know?!!!

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    im a bit confused by this statement...

and who can forget otacon from MGS? hes cool, hes in a game...

well, maybe hes not so cool....
    He pees his pants...

Quote Originally Posted by NevesElocin
    The only problem with that is: How can I look down on myself?
    That's actually pretty easy.

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

When I was young, I never cared what anyone thought. I was teased for different reason. There was the obvious teasing for being one of the poor kids. Then there was teasing by different groups who didn't like you for one of many reasons. Some hated you for being too smart. Some even hated you for being an art geek. Everything you did stood out like a two headed calf at The Farm Show (some people from Pa. might know what that is).

It wasn't a big school. We lived in an area that was at the bottom of a mountain, next to a large river, and in between country and big city. This made for a diverse assortment of groups/clicks. This pretty much guaranteed you'd be hated by someone. I learned that you had to choose who knew what you were really like. Only my closest friends knew about my passion for comics, animation, etc (all sorts). Even they teased me a bit. The people at the comic shop knew me by name though.

As I got older I hid much of what I really liked. People just didn't seem to understand why someone of my age would like things like that. I guess I became a closet anime/manga addict.

Eventually I started to come out of my shell more and more, and tried to share my passions, but I just could not find anyone who shared my passion. That is not counting the other geeks at the comic store. I learned that people could not accept that an adult could like things like that. I started to feel a little embarrassed about it. I started hiding my real self again.

I found a couple of younger friend who understood my passion for anime and manga. They were not as into it as myself, but the did like it. I was distraught when they both moved away within months of each other. I was alone again. I have a sister who lets me prattle on about anime/manga, but I can tell she's just humoring me.

Since I found AO though.... I've come out of anime/manga hiding. I talk about it all the time. I even told one coworker, "I have found my people! An entire site full of people like me!". She just giggled. I get a little bit of teasing, but I can take it now. I answer any question they ask me. So far only one asked me if I had any Hentai. I was surprised they knew that word. She said she read about it in an article once.

My new sister in law knows I'm really into anime/manga. She is not, but she's really into gaming and Disney, so she can appreciate my passion. It's nice when you have people around you who not only understand, but appreciate your passions.

Thanks

o and as far as being teased alot yeah i sufferd mast amounts of that and the est of my life um yeah to graphic to talk about on here all i know is anime rocks and no matter what anyone says about us we all rock

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3