Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: do you think anime has gone too far

Newbie hellsingonfire may be famous one day hellsingonfire may be famous one day hellsingonfire's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: do you think anime has went to far

well it is nice that i'm not alone on this. thk u

Newbie Crimson Spirit may be famous one day Crimson Spirit may be famous one day Crimson Spirit's Avatar
    Thanks

There are different types of animes, the ones with such content as nudity, sex reference and stuff, are ment to be seen by a mature audience, of course there are so many types of animes, for everyone to enjoy ^^ plus even if you don't see those things in anime you will see them in the everyday life or so, it's nothing really

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i dont think it hasgone to far sure it pushed the envelope but nothing
    to the extreams as to say its racesist though i can say there are lots of anmie
    otu there that do make the women comcal relife or dence while the men are intelegent i find that a problem but thats the only one i see
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hellsingonfire
    does anime seem to have went a little to far with everthing like sex, nude people,
    racism. tell me if I am alone here.
    I don't know about racism. But yes far too overboard with the nude and sex. But hey I guess the Japanese are giving people what they want. In their sick ways.

DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't really think so... in general it's not like the sex and explicit nudity is in the anime meant for the extreme younger crowd. Even with the kinds of nudity they do show for them, I don't think it's too graphic (i.e. Sailor Moon Tenchi Muyo's nudity is about the same you see on a barbie doll). It does depend on the person though.

And for the anime that the older crowds tend to like, well it's no different than real movies, methinks. It just feels like making an exception to animation, but not real films is the reason why animation isn't taken seriously in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by HolderOfTheChalice
    though i can say there are lots of anmie
    otu there that do make the women comcal relife or dence while the men are intelegent i find that a problem but thats the only one i see
    Ah, sexism That reminds me of the novels and short stories out there where the men are viewed as intelligent and strong while the women are considered meek and gossipy (though in one short story I read this year about a murder, the women really did show up the men ).
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro_psyco
    I don't know about racism. But yes far too overboard with the nude and sex. But hey I guess the Japanese are giving people what they want. In their sick ways.
    Ok, 'sick ways' I found a offensive way of putting it. I honestly don't see what is wrong with sex and nudity. You pretty much offended some parts of the Japanese culture and the way they perceive sex and nudity. You may not like everything about a civilizations culture but don't insult it. We all know the Japanese has a very open mind when it comes to these two topics not like some if not all the western countries.

If you have a mature mind of looking at it and stop thinking like a ignorant conservative then maybe you can look at things in a new perspective.

does anime seem to have went a little to far with everthing like sex, nude people,
    racism. tell me if I am alone here.
    What do you mean far? In your perspective how far is too far when it comes to sex, and nudity? Remember, you are watching a media produced in a country that has a different culture than yours and their acceptance of such subject matters are totally different than your culture. Thus your opinion is bias.

Otaku N!tr0-Glyc3r1n may be famous one day N!tr0-Glyc3r1n may be famous one day N!tr0-Glyc3r1n's Avatar
    Thanks

thats true zero so its diff with everyone. honestly... I dont think they went to far I think there getting there but not yet

thank u SasuraiHell
    go -=NOOBZ=- clan!

Otaku animemeg may be famous one day animemeg may be famous one day animemeg's Avatar
    Thanks

Racism? No I see pretty much none so....
    Sex and Nudity? Yes and no, while it's annoying and to far in some anime in other anime it feels more like an honest expression for a generation that is so sexually oriented.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast