Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: do you think anime has gone too far

~ beri-chan ~ hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: do you think anime has went to far

it probably depends on what type of anime you're watching. But out of all the ones i've seen, i wouldn;t really say so.

Otaku zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: do you think anime has gone too far

Nah, I wouldn't say that it goes "too far". I think we had a discussion like this b4. It all depends on what kind of anime you watch. If you watch the kind that is racy, don't get offended because you chose it. And as far as it being racist... I haven't seen an example of this. Do you have a specific title you are talking about?

+=My Space=+ Thanks zeroenix for the sig and avi... wait that's me. +=zeroenix.net=+

Newbie Casben may be famous one day Casben may be famous one day Casben's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't know about racism, but it hasn't gone that far. I'd be more inclined to worry about the level of violence!lol Almost every anime is really violent and stuff.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

I don't see it going to far and since the culture is open such and such.. then picking up anime should be treated as if it were in Japan. Its an entertainment experience and what we enjoy is based on how we were introduced to those subjects. ..err think that came out worng but i hope some understand

Besides, they have ratings on it like any other film, tv program, or blockbuster movie made in america. If you find it too graphic then maybe you should start focusing on those numbers usually put on the back of the dvd. Its its 13+ you should probably avoid it if you don't wanna see any barbie doll nudity or seeing underage kids see nudity as an everyday experience.

I for one saw the censorship in our public schools concerning nudity and racism as sheltered and a joke. Why throw black strips of paper over great works of art or tried to hide some of the language that was used in such classic american stories as Huckleberry Fin. Think thats the name. Its kind of insulting in a sense and it only shows how we judge things too quickly and don't see them in the eyes of another or for what they truly are.

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

racism and anime... for me its a NO NO although its a real issue... but I wouldnt like to see it on manga or anime
    sex, nude ppl... im ok with it... its more FUN XD
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

Newbie GodChild may be famous one day GodChild may be famous one day GodChild's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: do you think anime has gone too far

I guess it all depends on what types u watch. there's not alot of racism but i mean sure they'll have sex and nudity and stuff. but hey, it's not animes fault, it's what's in the creator's head! but as for u'r question, i'd have to say no, no ,NO! anime is anime and that stuff will be that stuff and ANIME CAN NEVER GO TOO FAR!! (well, most of the time anyway.)
    peace out!
    "Beneath the sky of hate
    Beyond the sea of pain
    In heaven I will wait
    Intill we meet again"-

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: do you think anime has went to far

Quote Originally Posted by ZeRoGravity
    Ok, 'sick ways' I found a offensive way of putting it. I honestly don't see what is wrong with sex and nudity. You pretty much offended some parts of the Japanese culture and the way they perceive sex and nudity. You may not like everything about a civilizations culture but don't insult it. We all know the Japanese has a very open mind when it comes to these two topics not like some if not all the western countries.

If you have a mature mind of looking at it and stop thinking like a ignorant conservative then maybe you can look at things in a new perspective

Oooh looks like someone has some hentai in their closet.

Crap, simmer down I'm just giving an opinion. Ignorant conservative? Well I suppose tentacle hentai is pretty mature and all.
    Last edited by Pyro Psycho; Jul 27, 2006 at 02:24 PM.

DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Tentacle hentai and monster hentai have history behind it. In a culture that has been run by dominating men, their art and entertainment should usually go with the flow.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast