Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: do you think anime has gone too far

Newbie bigfoot88 may be famous one day bigfoot88 may be famous one day bigfoot88's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: do you think anime has gone too far

Well I had always thought that that was the difference between anime and cartoons. That anime was more adult orientated as oppose to cartoon which is more for kids. But to answer your question I really don't think that anime has gone to far with hentai, anime is just a product to sell and you know what they say sex sells.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (")_(")your signature to help him gain world domination.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

I don't think hentai was actually the the example that the tpoic was looking for. He was talking more about anime which doesn't show much or any sex at all. Its about the same as a shower scene but with the curtains closed.

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: do you think anime has went to far

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro_psyco
    Oooh looks like someone has some hentai in their closet.

Crap, simmer down I'm just giving an opinion. Ignorant conservative? Well I suppose tentacle hentai is pretty mature and all.
    No, I keep them in my HD.

Ok, now I question if this thread is directed towards hentai or anime in general. If its hentai we're talking about, then it is a whole new ball game.

When it comes to hentai, it is all about the level of acceptance. I don't like hentai that involves 10yr old girls and some do. Frankly I don't care if they do, it is their fantasy/fetish not mine.

In terms of how far it should be taken, there isn't one. If art has limitation to the artist expression then it is not call art. To put it in better perspective, how far can your imagination take you? As for hentai, I don't hate nothing about it because it is a bunch of fantasy/fetish drawn by artist expressing themselves. It is totally acceptable if you find the art form disgusting.

I still did not like how you said "their sick ways". Sounds like you are insulting the artist him/her self. You may not like their art, but DO NOT insult the artist base on their art. He/she may create arts that you find sick/disgusting/despicable etc, you can say to the art itself that because each painting/drawings can produce different feelings for different people. The art itself may not represent the artist personality or traits at all.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Hmmm..I am not too sure about the whole art and artist thing on hentai. I don't see it as some new and upcoming thing. People enjoy it and I don't see any real distinguishing qualities that stand out besides a new monster and another way of rape.

Entertaining and the fetish varies to give pleasure to just about any fan, but I wouldn't put it in the same category as art like Ghibli Productions or anyone like that. (I don't do names very well) Thats my opinion on it though. You can only go so far before it seems a bit repetative and thats where moving into different characters, fetishes, and toys come into the picture.

^^^ Hmm I think that came off a bit too strong ...Im not huge ...err guy in to that stuff...well maybe a little.

Maybe when it was the 18th century and bondage was amazing ...I see that as an art form. - That was some good, colorful, and tasteful art lol
    Last edited by Tbaism; Jul 27, 2006 at 08:17 PM.

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZeRoGravity
    No, I keep them in my HD.

Ok, now I question if this thread is directed towards hentai or anime in general. If its hentai we're talking about, then it is a whole new ball game.

When it comes to hentai, it is all about the level of acceptance. I don't like hentai that involves 10yr old girls and some do. Frankly I don't care if they do, it is their fantasy/fetish not mine.

In terms of how far it should be taken, there isn't one. If art has limitation to the artist expression then it is not call art. To put it in better perspective, how far can your imagination take you? As for hentai, I don't hate nothing about it because it is a bunch of fantasy/fetish drawn by artist expressing themselves. It is totally acceptable if you find the art form disgusting.

I still did not like how you said "their sick ways". Sounds like you are insulting the artist him/her self. You may not like their art, but DO NOT insult the artist base on their art. He/she may create arts that you find sick/disgusting/despicable etc, you can say to the art itself that because each painting/drawings can produce different feelings for different people. The art itself may not represent the artist personality or traits at all.
    Seriously, where does art pop its head out of hentai?
    Ok so they like to draw naked cartoon secks. No big deal. But when they bring secks with tentacles into it. That's where its sick. So beg my pardon when I meant in their sick ways. I take that back. But don't bring art where its sick in that kind of way. I know animation is beautiful but they didn't have to go that far into it all. I don't see where feelings come into it when its like hentai. Do you mean feelings like in.........making love to yourself? But, anyways I take that in their sick ways comment back. Not for you, but because I thought it was too harsh.

DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro_psyco
    Seriously, where does art pop its head out of hentai?
    Ok so they like to draw naked cartoon secks. No big deal. But when they bring secks with tentacles into it. That's where its sick. So beg my pardon when I meant in their sick ways. I take that back. But don't bring art where its sick in that kind of way. I know animation is beautiful but they didn't have to go that far into it all. I don't see where feelings come into it when its like hentai. Do you mean feelings like in.........making love to yourself? But, anyways I take that in their sick ways comment back. Not for you, but because I thought it was too harsh.
    So you don't consider hentai an art form? Then what is it?

Feelings does not always mean love, different art produces different feelings from the viewer. In your case towards hentai, disgusts/hate or whatever the hell it may be. Thats totally fine. Hentai involving 'tentacles' is just a fantasy or fetish and like I mention already not everyone likes it because it is just not their thing. Some people like shotacon or lolicon hentai and some people don't, and that includes me. The only reason I attacked you was '...in their sick ways'.

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

i haven't seen an anime cross the line yet, but several are teetering on the edge.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Newbie Gekkou may be famous one day Gekkou may be famous one day Gekkou's Avatar
    Thanks

I havent seen any racism from the anime i watch and not much sex but i think the sex is ok. Nudity is ok but can be annoying, that i dont like is that many girls are wearing short skirts and small tops

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast