View Poll Results: Does Anime bore you, or tick you off at times?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it does. Same old stuff you see.

33 35.11%
  • N it doesn't, it's classic!

39 41.49%
  • Maybe, the girl always has a nice body. They're perfect. But it's fun.

28 29.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Anime bore you [at times]?

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Does Anime bore you [at times]?

Just like the title said ...

I don't think I like anime anymore. This isn't a rant about how I got bored of it or I've got nothing else to do.

I've had my fair share of excitment, fun, laughs, tears and sighs. Although I must admit that Anime is one hell of an addiction, in which case you get lost in a world of imagination and joyous fantasy.
    [sorry about my English, I'm trying not to be boring]

But there are times where I was fed up with the same thing over and over again. For example, the main character takes a lot of trauma / survives inhumane injuries / gets insanely wounded / talks about how he wants to surpass someone.
    And the villain always has cold eyes, talks nonsense about how darkness is powerful ... so on and so forth.

So by now you're thinking "Yeah so? It's still fun.."
    I agree, it is.
    So you might want to watch this:
    http://www.aniboom.com/Player.aspx?v=59682

So is there any thing in Anime which ticks you off, makes you yawn or makes you think "is the legendary bird any better than the flying sword?"

[you get the point. I'm so horrible at writing]

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Does Anime bore you [at times]?

well actually... not all the storylines are the same... I mean there is anime for everythig and for everybody...
    For me it depends a lot on the storyline and the graphics... however I have not get to the point where anime bores me... actually... everyday I am looking for more and more anime... as u say is a heck of an addiction...
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I know not all of them are the same ^_^; But there are some elements which are sort of the same. Or are similar...

Otaku Kairu is off to a good start Kairu's Avatar
    Thanks

I will admit the general plot tends to be blurred in with other anime shows at times, but not really something that has bothered me.

The same looking protagonists and antagonists tend to be a bit annoying. I would not go as far as boring though. The one thing that does bore me is the predictable endings. This does not happen all the time, and I appreciate the animes that change things up with the big twists, but lots of anime shows you can tell from the first or second episode how it will end. That bores the hell out of me sometimes.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

anime bores me all the time.

But I think a lot of anime nerds overlook that animation is a medium, not a genre unto itself. Not EVERYTHING that's ever been made is going to appeal to you... and quite a bit of it is going to be garbage.

People who "like to read" don't necesarily like to read EVERY book in the bookstore.

You learn to consume what you think you'll like, ocaisionally going out on a limb and trying something you haven't before.

Anime fans who try to watch and fanboy/girl over EVERYTHING quickly hit burnout stage.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

If an anime does bore me I stop watching it LOL. I don't watch anime until my eyes explode..that's how any one would get bored very quickly of anything. As for things in anime that annoy me, I would have to some what agree with endings. Some anime have been great but end it weird, which some times changes your whole perspective on the series.

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, at times, but only when I'm watching something clichéd, mediocre, or something like that...

My secret is to take "small doses" of anime—limiting myself to only an episode every four or three days at the most; no burnout. And the fact that my schedule is tight... I also read reviews before watching.

Though I agree with Tsurara, I can understand where you're coming from; the clichés can get pretty tiring. Pretty girl with big breasts—though to tell you the truth, that ticked me off only until really handsome guys started appearing in anime I watched compensation, an equillibrium if you must—, character with a dark and/or traumatic past—characters like that, once you see through it, most of them, the writers didn't put any real essence into them; just a veil to hide their shalllowness—, shallow/weepy/clichéd/annoying/please-be-eaten-by-the-alien characters,
    overused plot, villain of the week sorta thing, and just mediocrity in value caused by attempts to lower budgets. I also hate bad endings.

Luckily, not all shows are like that. Besides, eating too much is never a good thing. It gets your stomach upset, doesn't it?
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes it does, as matter of fact to me Naruto and Bleach are boring as hell now. I rather read their respective manga series because they are more interesting. Maybe after they get more violent with lots of fighting scenes i will start to watch them once again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast