View Poll Results: Does Anime bore you, or tick you off at times?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it does. Same old stuff you see.

33 35.11%
  • N it doesn't, it's classic!

39 41.49%
  • Maybe, the girl always has a nice body. They're perfect. But it's fun.

28 29.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Anime bore you [at times]?

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Does Anime bore you [at times]?

Anime never bores me as long i'm picking animes that has good reputation to watch for myself ... and for the repeated characters i can't see it only as the course of repeated feelings in a perspective to describe .. like there's always in animes the anger the sadness the happiness and go on ... so it's pretty normal as long th anime is not something stupid to watch (I hate stupid animes like Yumiria .. i even wonder why would its creator dictate a moment on creating it/them) .. but as an overall answer anime doesn't tick me off except when an anime when it repeats the same thing over and over again *at that time i'd call the anime stupid and never watch it again*
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Honestly, at times I do get bored with anime. But only when I get stuck watching similar genres and same titles over and over. I mean I can only watch the same episodes of BLEACH, Eureka 7, BLOOD+, etc for so many times before I can just re-watch the entire thing in my head in its perfection. I wish I could watch new series with brand new worlds and stories to tell but I have my limits on what I can watch online or what I can buy in stores. (Really a shame too cuz ofcourse there are quite a few titles that I'd like to get my hands on now but I have no cash) So basically, if I dont get something new than I start to get bored. Hey, who doesnt? Even if you're a HUGE fan of a series you're eventually gonna move on. ^^;

~
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Slippery When Wet~ Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion, Togy Ball Champion highteckdudu is off to a good start highteckdudu's Avatar
    The wonderfull world of Minnesota! And I mean that!
    Thanks

At some times yes it does bore me, like yugioh and pokemon those bored me quickly because they do the same old stuff over again, and they even have more than one series. but most people dont consider those quickly, but now these new show that are comming out are just short little series like death note for instance, that one is only 37 episodes and it is one of my favorites because they didnt drag it out too liong and they kept me in suspicion, and in the end it was all great! But with Inuyasha, Rumiko Takahashi tends to drag things out, in my opinin, she has 178 episodes out on TV here and she is still not finished yet. But all in all I 'd say I won't get totally sick of Anime quite yet.
    I tryed to see things from your point of view but i cant seem to get my head that far up my ass!
    Visit www.highteckdudu.deviantart.com!

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

What bores me about anime is how often and long the "soap opera talky" scenes are. Some can take up an entire episode. Wastes time to me. All just to hear,"blah blah blah...."

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusDemon23 View Post
    What bores me about anime is how often and long the "soap opera talky" scenes are. Some can take up an entire episode. Wastes time to me. All just to hear,"blah blah blah...."
    Then like Len said to a previous poster: You're watching the wrong kind of Anime.

Me personally, I love a good story. Sure I like action too, but whats the point if there's no story to explain why group A is killing group B.

One of the reasons that Anime kicks North American animated shows asses so frequently is because of the complex and engaging story lines.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Then like Len said to a previous poster: You're watching the wrong kind of Anime.

Me personally, I love a good story. Sure I like action too, but whats the point if there's no story to explain why group A is killing group B.

One of the reasons that Anime kicks North American animated shows asses so frequently is because of the complex and engaging story lines.
    It seems that we have similar tastes in anime. I can ignore most things in an anime so long as it has a good story line. Anime bores me if it's repetitive and goes no where. I find it hard to get into any anime that goes for 50+ episodes only because I know eventually I get over it (I'd like to see some sort of conclusion someday in any story). The longest I've watched is Death Note (36 odd episodes?)

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah i starting to get board. only a few show keep me instered in the world of anime. other than that i have stopped buying and watching anime, other than those that i know that is good and show i have watched on tv or somthing
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Newbie WhiteWave14 is off to a good start WhiteWave14's Avatar
    Under your BED! OMNOMNOM *eats your toes*
    Thanks

Yes! Only at times when the same things go on and on. Like Inuyasha, I got out-a that quickly.

I like it when they have twists and turn and you never know what will happen, but when the same things happen over and over.... It gets very annoying.

Except Naruto, that's my favorite anime and has been for over ... 4 years in October. I hardly ever watch the dub though.

But Naruto has a great plot in my opinion, plenty of violence that makes me excited and keeps me on the tip of my toes and very good animating, I like how every character looks different in there own way and not just looking like clones like in some of the anime's/manga's. It has never bore me, not once.

The techniques and skills are what I like to call amazing and I like how Naruto never gives up and how ... Well... If I continue this will just become way to long. ^^;

But it has a good storyboard, good animation, awesome techniques... ^^
    Last edited by WhiteWave14; Jan 09, 2008 at 02:22 AM. Reason: I forgot some things.
    Live for Today, Wait for Tomorrow,
    and think about Yesterday.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast