Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Big O deserve a 3rd season?

Otaku Jet Black may be famous one day Jet Black may be famous one day Jet Black's Avatar
    Thanks

Does Big O deserve a 3rd season?

Ok, right off the bat, I'm going to admit that I'm a pretty big Big O fan, and I would love to see the show expanded. My question, however, is whether you think the show is good enough to have a 3rd season made. I realize that the end of the series seemed pretty conclusive, but if someone sponsored a 3rd season, do you think you or anyone else would watch it?
    In short, is the series good enough that if the story could be expanded upon properly, you would want to have that season made and watch it?

Thank you Sazuka for this awesome signature!

You're a louse, Roger Smith.

Newbie Skyward Arches may be famous one day Skyward Arches may be famous one day Skyward Arches's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Does Big O deserve a 3rd season?

I don't know... I liked the series a lot, but as you said, the ending seemed pretty conclusive.
    But, if they could make a new season without ruining the origional, like they did with season two, then yeah, I'd like to see a new season.

It's a good show, so I guess it deserves another season. To say the least, if they decided to make a new season, I'd check it out.

Otaku ScionofDestiny may be famous one day ScionofDestiny may be famous one day
    Thanks

Actually, this is a subject I feel quite strongly about.

Adult Swim could have a third season, because, when they made a contract with Bandai to fund the second season, they cited out it was fully in their rights to have a third (and even a fourth) season made. If Adult Swim came calling, I think Bandai would have to comply (unless they wanted to do a knockdown dragout fight in international business court - which I don't think they do, as many people in Sunrise and Bandai were hoping for a third season as well)

The problem is that certain members of Adult Swim don't think the Big O is good enough to warrant them co-producing (and thus, spending money) on a third season. While some have openly expressed a wish that the series could be finished the way the original writers intended it, nothing has come of it yet.

I do believe there was a petition for the third season somewhere - hold on, I'll go try and linking it up in my sig.

Note - Adult Swim is trying to attatch itself more to comedy. Mike Lazzo, for one, was against co-producing a third season as it didn't get the same ratings comedy shows did.

Otaku Jet Black may be famous one day Jet Black may be famous one day Jet Black's Avatar
    Thanks

That's true. A lot of people don't know what's going on behind the scenes at Adult Swim.

Newbie Skyward Arches may be famous one day Skyward Arches may be famous one day Skyward Arches's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ScionofDestiny
    Actually, this is a subject I feel quite strongly about.

Adult Swim could have a third season, because, when they made a contract with Bandai to fund the second season, they cited out it was fully in their rights to have a third (and even a fourth) season made. If Adult Swim came calling, I think Bandai would have to comply (unless they wanted to do a knockdown dragout fight in international business court - which I don't think they do, as many people in Sunrise and Bandai were hoping for a third season as well)

The problem is that certain members of Adult Swim don't think the Big O is good enough to warrant them co-producing (and thus, spending money) on a third season. While some have openly expressed a wish that the series could be finished the way the original writers intended it, nothing has come of it yet.

I do believe there was a petition for the third season somewhere - hold on, I'll go try and linking it up in my sig.

Note - Adult Swim is trying to attatch itself more to comedy. Mike Lazzo, for one, was against co-producing a third season as it didn't get the same ratings comedy shows did.
    Well, that's not cool! Adult Swim seems to be North America's primary source of televised anime. If we let them bump off anime, we'll be in serious trouble! Besides, Big O had so much potential for back story, and such an allready good base story! I think that simply because Big O fulfills mecha stories potential, and transcends mere power-rangersesque action, that they should make a 3rd season.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

I personally favored the show. Not the best out there but its definitely one of the good ones.

The only problem I'd have with a third season would be the story...c'mon at the end of the second season everything reseted...pretty much the only conflict that can be brought up are new enemies aan/or the end to the cycle (MY OPINION PPL!!)
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Thanks

Hmmm... You may be right. But as you said, one possible ending could bring an end to the cycle. This sounds strangely reminiscent of the ending to Fullmetal Alchemist. I think that expansion and an ending would do very nicely... But you're right, Big O's ending was puzzling (at least to me) in that it didn't seem to leave much room for expansion, yet it also left me wanting more, and wanting a conclusion.
    I have one question, though. If Bandai did make a third season, would you at least bother to watch it?

Otaku BlackRoze may be famous one day BlackRoze may be famous one day BlackRoze's Avatar
    Thanks

Big O definetly deserved a big season. cus its....well.....big o!
    u know u like him

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast