Closed Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Big O deserve a 3rd season?

Otaku Shadow dorothy may be famous one day Shadow dorothy may be famous one day Shadow dorothy's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Does Big O deserve a 3rd season?

Pee-Wee is so gay. come on a star named Pee-Wee was arrested for child abuse.
    shadows what are they.

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

back to big O i'm sure som emod s already w8ing with crimson pain or some other torture.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Otaku ScionofDestiny may be famous one day ScionofDestiny may be famous one day
    Thanks

Okay - back to Big O then.

If this was a matter of the corporations beating the plot of the Big O with a stick to get it moving, against the will of the artists who brought it into being, then that would be one thing. When the artists themselves say the art is unfinished and the corporations won't allow them to finish it because they don't believe it is economical, that is quite another (remember - in this case, it is the latter)

I understand that all the corporations involved (namely, Turner Broadcasting, Bandai, Adult Swim, and Sunrise, although Sunrise is the 'victim') exist for the purpose of generating money (that is, after all, the nature of business) and that they are doing what they think is just. If Big O would for sure be a loss for them, then I wouldn't be insisting they let the artists finish their work (although I would much prefer it)

I do, however, believe that Big O can be economical and that the artists can finish their work. The corporations involved just have to play their cards right.

Otaku Jet Black may be famous one day Jet Black may be famous one day Jet Black's Avatar
    Thanks

Very well said, Scion. I personally feel that a third season of Big O is not only possible, it is preferrable. The ending we have now is ok, but doesn't even begin to answer the questions of motive and perpetrator. Also, I agree that, while it probably won't rake in as much as Family Guy, it will bring in quite a bit of revenue. In my opinion, the president of Adult Swim is just being stubborn and bull-headed, and is determined to set the station on the track to comedy. I'd hate to see them phase out anime altogether, but it seems that that's where they're headed.

Thank you Sazuka for this awesome signature!

You're a louse, Roger Smith.

Thanks

I don't know why Mike Lazzo doesn't like the Big O ... maybe ... huh ... it's just his generation. Cartoons need to be censored; not make daring advances in plot and dialogue.

Newbie Dark Mako Fiend may be famous one day Dark Mako Fiend may be famous one day Dark Mako Fiend's Avatar
    Thanks

i don know. that might not be fair. I mean, maybe he just thinks the Big O is over? that's what most people think. what proof do you have that its not?

besides, most people, sadly, seem to want comedy nowadays, instead of anime. most people probably couldnt grasp the full meaning of Big O (if there is a deeper truth to be grasped).

Thanks

I think the 'greater truth' is that Paradigm City was designed to mimic events prior to forty years ago - everyone is, by some means or another, a deluded version of a person who lived prior to forty years ago (Roger=Clone, Dorothy=Android, Old People=No Memories, Young People=Their parents memories coupled with their parents genes makes them similiar to their parents)

Newbie Dark Mako Fiend may be famous one day Dark Mako Fiend may be famous one day Dark Mako Fiend's Avatar
    Thanks

and how did you come to thes conclusions? also, how do you make a new season out of the conclusion allready set? there's not a lot of elbow room, you know?

although, you may actually be right about one thing. if Big O taught us anything, it's that memories can't be trusted, and also that people can have "future" memories. i guess it's possible that what we saw in the final episode isn't what actually happened.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast