Closed Thread

Thread: Does Big O need a season 3?

Otaku Jet Black may be famous one day Jet Black may be famous one day Jet Black's Avatar
    Thanks

Does Big O need a season 3?

Big O is a series that aired for the first time in North America about 6 years ago. It currently has two seasons out, each of which is fifteen episodes long. At first, only one season was funded, but fans worldwide demanded closure and a second season, which soon followed. There has been some controversy as to whether the current ending is the real, or planned ending for the Big O legacy, because apparently there were as many as 4 seasons offered, and the creator has expressed wishes to create a proper ending. Some say that the current ending is too conclusive for a third season, while others have taken up a cause in getting a third season made. What is your opinion? Do you think that Big O should have another season made? Do you think the series was even good enough to deserve another season? What about a movie?

Thank you Sazuka for this awesome signature!

You're a louse, Roger Smith.

Otaku ScionofDestiny may be famous one day ScionofDestiny may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Does Big O need a season 3?

All that is true, but one thing: Each season had 13, not 15, episodes a piece.

As I've stated before, this is a subject I feel strongly about. Aside from being historically important in the history of anime in the west (first anime where all foreign audiences carried the weight for the second season, thus proving that we were more than a few extra bucks), the Big O was the first 'mature' anime I'd ever seen. I really want Chiaka Konaka to unveil the key to the mysteries once and for all.

If not a third season, then in the name of god, Adult Swim, make a movie.

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

y would there be a third season? in the end the "show"reset. i think that was the perfect ending.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Otaku ScionofDestiny may be famous one day ScionofDestiny may be famous one day
    Thanks

Uh ... yes, the "show" did reset, but they never answered the central questions. Big O was as much as mystery anime as a psychological thriller/science fiction, you know.

Also, the nature of the reset was never made clear. In fact, relatively little was made clear.

And if the scriptwriter himself says he has an idea for the third season, and wants to make one ... well, that in itself carries a lot of weight. Big O was discontinued, not finished. Many accept the ending for what it is, but it isn't the ending as intended by Sunrise.

Note: Be careful - this isn't a spoiler free part of the site and quite a few people haven't seen all or any of the Big O.

Otaku Shadow dorothy may be famous one day Shadow dorothy may be famous one day Shadow dorothy's Avatar
    Thanks

This show must have a third season. It makes me wanna cry that it doesn't. :mad2:
    shadows what are they.

Closed Thread