+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dominion: Tank Police

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Dominion: Tank Police

Has anyone ever seen this anime? It's pretty old, so I wouldn't be suprised if no one has. There's even a New Dominion: Tank Police--so for the sake of preserving thread space, I'll include that series in here too.

It's still one of my favorite anime to date. Good humor, well drawn futuristic tanks, good action and a pretty good story. I really like how the story starts in a semi-post apocolyptic world (half the globe is covered by a deadly gas cloud).

I love all of the main characters, especiall Leona! She's so funny to me. I think it's because she's got such a hot-head and a mouth on her to boot. ^_^

For those of you who may have seen this animated delight, what did you like/dislike about Tank Police? Who's your favorite character? Let's talk Tanks!

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Dominion: Tank Police

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Has anyone ever seen this anime? It's pretty old, so I wouldn't be suprised if no one has. There's even a New Dominion: Tank Police--so for the sake of preserving thread space, I'll include that series in here too.

It's still one of my favorite anime to date. Good humor, well drawn futuristic tanks, good action and a pretty good story. I really like how the story starts in a semi-post apocolyptic world (half the globe is covered by a deadly gas cloud).

I love all of the main characters, especiall Leona! She's so funny to me. I think it's because she's got such a hot-head and a mouth on her to boot. ^_^

For those of you who may have seen this animated delight, what did you like/dislike about Tank Police? Who's your favorite character? Let's talk Tanks!

Ive seen the New Dominion Tank Police, but it was a long time ago i think, but im sure it was about the same thing as the first OVA

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

There was also a short (and not very good) CGI series called 'Tank SWAT' based on 'Dominion Tank Police' that was done by a Japanese government backed outfit that was intended as a training school for up and coming Anime directors.

The Ghost in the Shell movie is also suppose to have several cameos of characters (such as the two Cat Girls...) from 'Dominion Tank Police'

TANK S.W.A.T 01 official site:
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

Oh man it's been a long time since I watched that, I'd have to check if I even have it anymore.

I do remember enjoying everything about it. I'd have to say Leona was probably my favorite, from what I can recall. It was a very funny anime. I guess I'm gonna have to watch it again.

The part I seem to remember best was when the plowed through the front of a building (basement room, I believe) to get a criminal. Destroyed everything!

Seems that was pretty much the way they handled most things. lol

Newbie jonshinjuku is off to a good start jonshinjuku's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Dominion: Tank Police

yes its one of the first animes that i ever saw and it was good for and around the time it was made, dont get me wrong anime is still the best but the beggining ones have a certain flavor to them, mangavideo.com may still have it available on dvd.. shinjjuku

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

hehe, i have them both, the tank police and new tank police, it was a great show...has anyone seen the vehicle tire design repeated in the movie i-Robot? the round tires was something i noticed right away...but yeah this show and Madox-01 metal skin panic was some of my oldies but goldies...bubblegum...love that little tank she made...
    Don't Panic

Newbie jonshinjuku is off to a good start jonshinjuku's Avatar
    Thanks
    [i have noticed a lot of futuristic live-action movies have taken bits and pieces from anime certain costumes, vehicles, and themes of movies,the makers of these films need to own-up to this and thank the producers and animators properlley. "what, evidence you say!?" just take a look at movies like ultraviolet, matrix, doom, just to name a few...shinjuku

yo you are lucky man, i wish i still had my collection, it was stolen, maybe one day i can replace some of the classic stuff i had {angel-cop, genocyber, etc}..
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Nov 29, 2007 at 11:18 PM.

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

Stolen...aww that sucks, i've been lucky so farm the expenisve bit if geting DVD versions of some of my Subed VHS tapes...Ahh the good old days, black magic 88, Bubblegum crisis...but you gotta love Dominion tank police, a toxic chicago i think it was, that needed a tank police in the first place...love to see a live action tv show around that ideal, maybe make it LAPD tank police...lord knows we could really use it here now...
    Don't Panic

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast