Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Dub or Sub?

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Dub or Sub?

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    It's the endless debate...

I will always prefer subs though, imo there are many more things lost in translation when you dub.
    i agree with you whole heartedly,

it is endless, yet subs can be as easily misinturpreted by the fansubbers i.e use of words or the right way to spell certain things like names etc.,., and again dubs leave out alot of things., so score one for the subbers

i am a sub kind of person,.

Newbie webGRPHXS may be famous one day webGRPHXS may be famous one day
    Thanks

I personally prefer subbed! Whenever I start watching a series in subbed and then see a dubbed english version, I can clearly see the difference in voice,tone, and execution of the lines change cause me to dislike dubbed series. example: if anyones seen the american dubbed version, you'd know what I'm taking about.

Newbie johmi may be famous one day johmi may be famous one day
    Thanks

I prefer subs. Raw would be lovely though.

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

SUB SUB and one more time SUB.
    If something is originaly made to japanese lets keep it that way, there is no reason
    to start dubbing it, subbing is alot easyer too.

Only anime I accept as dubbed version, is Ginga Nagareboshi Gin as finnish...
    And only reason why because it's some kind of legend for me.

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

Otaku iazndragoni yan may be famous one day iazndragoni yan may be famous one day iazndragoni yan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NightFox
    SUB SUB and one more time SUB.
    If something is originaly made to japanese lets keep it that way, there is no reason
    to start dubbing it, subbing is alot easyer too.

Only anime I accept as dubbed version, is Ginga Nagareboshi Gin as finnish...
    And only reason why because it's some kind of legend for me.
    whoa. subbing is easier? thats not true. the people who subs anime has to work their asses off for us fans to enjoy it. considering you were talking about fansubs.

on topic; i prefer subs. the actors in the anime they dont force their voices into the characters like some people in the english dubs do.

Otaku White_Mage88 may be famous one day White_Mage88 may be famous one day
    Thanks

I like to watch subs more than dubs usually.

Newbie michiru726 may be famous one day michiru726 may be famous one day michiru726's Avatar
    Thanks

Subs definitely. in subs, we get the closest possible meaning of the original dialogue... while in dubs, they squeeze off or force the meaning on the timing of the mouths of the characters. since we have differrent dialects, timings on the dialogues are different... and plus, dubs ruin the sound quality of the show/movie... you always hear that buzzing thingy playing slightly on the background... well at least that happens on the dubbed ones here. :S

"Deviously Revamped."

Devoted Otaku Nympho may be famous one day Nympho may be famous one day Nympho's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont mind subtitles on movies (foriegn films) because usually voice over actors for foriegn films make them bad.

But when it comes to my Anime i prefer for them to be dubbed. I want to enjoy the art. I can get past the voices. But they are really good for Anime i think.

I'm a glass child. I am Hannah's regrets. Monster.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast