Closed Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Dub or Sub?

Newbie Broken Toy Angel may be famous one day Broken Toy Angel may be famous one day Broken Toy Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Dub or Sub?

I can't really choose between the two. Of course with subs you get to keep the original voices for the characters and Japanese VAs have a lot more experience at this. On the other hand there are some really good dubs out there. Trigun and Cowboy Bebop come to mind. Of course they do change some of the lines and jokes, but different doesn't always equal worse. As long as they do a good and convincing job I don't care whether I read it or I hear it.

Newbie Emma the Panda may be famous one day Emma the Panda may be famous one day Emma the Panda's Avatar
    Thanks

I like both. Most of the time I watch my anime dubbed, so I can understand and I don't have to read. But if the dub is really horrible, then I'll watch the sub.
    One image per signature. I assume you want to keep the cool one... -- Hassun

Newbie Hikyuu_Ishamura may be famous one day Hikyuu_Ishamura may be famous one day Hikyuu_Ishamura's Avatar
    Depends of my state of mind, but mostly a strange place that is my fantasy
    Thanks

I pefer sub. Dub sounds strange ad jokes don't always work. I hate it that dub sometimes is dubed from an german version so names and stuff gets strange.

No sub it's gona be

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hikyuu_Ishamura
    I pefer sub. Dub sounds strange ad jokes don't always work. I hate it that dub sometimes is dubed from an german version so names and stuff gets strange.

No sub it's gona be
    i've actually never seen german dubs, althought we are talking aobut dub/subs in anime., and i've never seen german anime before XD>,

anyhow., surprizingly japanese to english dubbing, or should i say the lipsyncing are quite similar to each other so you get so smooth lip movements rather than the movies

ex) "oh my" *lips go on for a few more seconds*

but i think that was with more than chinese than japanese dubs.

anyhow, i love originals and the like, so im still the subber preferrable

Otaku Drkduality may be famous one day Drkduality may be famous one day Drkduality's Avatar
    Thanks

For me it depends i guess if you dub it you can focus more on the visuals and get to see all the details of the anime, but alot of the time they have to modify the dialog and things get lost. (the trash talk and joke are usually the first to go). For me though i generally like dubs. In yu yu hakisho i though the dialog was still good.

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drkduality
    (the trash talk and joke are usually the first to go).
    Haha, I was just thinking that dubbed anime adds more trash talk ^_^; At least, alot of the dubs I've seen (comparing to their sub vesion) =)

Quote Originally Posted by SasuraiHell
    anyhow., surprizingly japanese to english dubbing, or should i say the lipsyncing are quite similar to each other so you get so smooth lip movements rather than the movies

ex) "oh my" *lips go on for a few more seconds*
    hee hee XD But even in the original anime it's a little noticable. When that happens, I don't mind the dubbers adding extra words (Hana yori dango was filled with them =_=)
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

i would say dubbed because i feel i would need to re-watch the episodes just o can focuse on the subtitles at one time and then the footage the next......Although the wording changes compared to subbed to dubbed but its not that different.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Newbie peachsncream may be famous one day peachsncream may be famous one day peachsncream's Avatar
    Thanks

dubs r sooooooooo much better, cuz reading and trying 2 watch @ the same time is sorta distracting

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast