+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Dub vs Sub

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Dub vs Sub

Dub vs. Sub: the debate that has raged since the beginning of Western fandom ~

Which do you prefer and why?

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Dub vs Sub

Oh my, here we go.

For me it's subtitles all the way. And not even just for anime. The only things that should be allowed to be dubbed are shows/films for very young children who may find it difficult or impossible to read the subtitles.
    EVERYONE else should go subs only. The original ALWAYS beats the redone dubbed version.

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah, sub for me too, all my VHS animes were sub, i cant stand some of the crap they put on for the dub. although i will admit todays animes have much better dub quality, i still prefer sub.
    Don't Panic

Otaku ska_lives may be famous one day ska_lives may be famous one day ska_lives's Avatar
    Thanks

im down with the subs too. its gotten to where i cant watch anything foreign dubbed, unless i think the voice acting cast just did an outrageously stellar job. subs just give you an unchanged original with what you need to understand it...with no localization of jokes and terms.

Yo, this beast was by Lowshuwa
    my drawings

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

I'm almost on the fence, not quite, because I'm still the subtitle yard. Yes, more often than not, subs are better than dubs. However, I think dubs are hated on far more than they should be. Many times they aren't as bad as people make them out to be. I've watched a number of animes with better dubs than subs.

Also, perhaps it also depends on genre as well. For example, I find comedic animes usually have great dubs(Azumanaga Daioh, Comic Party, Full Metal Panic!, and so forth).

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

For me i would say i enjoy Sub when i watch them due to the better quality in the voice acting.As well as the sound but yet keep up with the text some times can be a pain but its worth it i think.

But i also like dubs some times to but that depends on the anime/genre for me.But i have noticed dubs have gotten a little better since i started to watch anime and the quality of the voice acting on some is pretty good surprisingly.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

syd
    Otaku syd is off to a good start
    Thanks

I would prefer to watch subs. the voices are much better however it is really hard to find good subs. Lat anime I watched most of the subtitles did not have words but numbers.

Otaku Kazaf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Hum...I usually do prefer the subs, but if the english dubbers have done a good job I will definitely prefer it over the sub version. Why? Because I can actually understand what they are saying without having to read (even though I sometimes do leave the subs on to see if everything is translated the same). But it's not even the whole understanding language concept. It's more about being more familiar with the american slangs and expressions.

Too bad most dubs aren't that great. On that note I enjoyed Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Louie the Rune Soldier, and Golden Boy dubs a lot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast