+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Dub vs Sub

Newbie yggdrasill0117 is off to a good start yggdrasill0117's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Dub vs Sub

well this is an easy one for me. BOTH, I watch the dubbed first, then the subbed. That is so I can know what is going on, and then know how it was supposed to be.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

This "debate" really doesn't hold the same controversy or intensity as it once does. In the past it was bad dubbing vs. I can't read the damn subtitles in time. Now the dubbing has improved vastly in my opinion, not only the timing but the voice acting itself. While the Japanese still pulls the "doll-ish" voices more convincingly, the American voice actors can do it too now.

To me it really doesn't matter. It all depends on which version I watch first.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't actually mind the English Dubs, no matter how bad they may be. I'd rather watch it on TV than on Youtube or otherwise...so I'll go with dubs. I don't mind subs terribly though. It's good for the episodes of Naruto that haven't been released in english yet.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Otaku toonfan630 may be famous one day toonfan630 may be famous one day
    Thanks

I like dubbed as well. And don't get me wrong, I watch english shows in captions. But I like to compare the voice to the character to see if they make a good match. Subs can get a bit boring because if you turn around you can miss an important part without knowing it. Dubbing in my view is better than subtitles.
    "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde.

Leave me and my simple sig alone. I like it. ^o^

Otaku ILikeApples5520 is off to a good start ILikeApples5520's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd go with subs all the way.

I think it preserves more of what the creator of the anime would want.

Besides, most good dubs are from, as tsu would say, "made to import" anime.

Thanks to _gwenibe_ for this awesome sig!

Otaku Tetris Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Trivial Blitz Champion Mechazawa is off to a good start Mechazawa's Avatar
    Thanks

I much prefer the dub over the sub any day. I think the sub takes away from the art in the show, unless you can understand Japanese.

I guess its weird to say but I feel closer to the characters when their speaking my language.

Most of the dubs are pretty good now a days anyway. Unless your watching the subs on the disc you bought or watching something that isn't licensed yet because you enjoy subs. The only other reason to like subs is because your a thief.

I've only heard one and a half bad dubs Saber Marionette J-X, and Get Backers anime. SMJ J-X because it wasn't the original dub crew and the one they had was just awful. As for the G&B I got into G&B from the manga, so I have how they speak in my head already. The voice actors for the show seem so stiff in their delivery.
    I BELONG TO AN ANGEL NOW!

Otaku toonfan630 may be famous one day toonfan630 may be famous one day
    Thanks

I had a conversation with an animation artist who said creators do want to preserve what they made but the reason they make their work is to share it with the rest of the world and most of them don't mind having dubbed versions of their shows, just as long as the concept and feeling is the same.
    "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde.

Leave me and my simple sig alone. I like it. ^o^

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

I like both. But I tend to want to watch alot of the new stuff that hasn't been released in the US so I watch it in sub. But when it comes out here I buy it and watch it in the dub. So it doesn't bother me either way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast