+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Dub vs Sub

Devoted Otaku hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Dub vs Sub

i prefer dub because i have tryed to listen to it subtilted and it just sounds weird.

Tanks zyta

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

subbed for sure there are real bad dubbed animes but i've seen some good dubbed animes as well such as Trigun and Hellsing
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Otaku Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael's Avatar
    Thanks

Of course when I started watching anime it was in English. I thought the idea of reading something at the bottom of the screen while the rest of the action was up higher was just idiotic. I can't remember what anime got me started on subs, but except for all the older shows I originally watched in English I will always go for the subs. I almost always find Japanese voice acting to be far superior to the English counterpart.

What I find amusing is that some of you are saying you like the dubbed versions of Naruto and Bleach. I just have to ask, have you even watched the original Japanese yet? Bleach I guess the voice acting might be equal on both sides, but Johnny Yong Bosch's voice as Ichigo will never work for me. I keep waiting to hear Ichigo yell out "LOVE AND PEACE" and that just doesn't work for me. I hate recognizing voices from show to show. There is one exception to this. I tend to find Hilary Haag's voice sexy no matter how many times I hear it, but that is for another conversation. As for Naruto, I just love the Japanese voice acting, I just feel that they put hard work and thought into making the characters more realistic. I don't get the same feeling from the English dubbs.

One English dubb I felt was really worth mentioning is Last Exile. I was just blown away... I'm just lucky I was forced to watch it in English the first time.
    "Who said I'm pissed?" - Silverskater145
    "That gigantic wall of text you posted did a pretty good job of it." - Raven Omega

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ishamael View Post
    Of course when I started watching anime it was in English. I thought the idea of reading something at the bottom of the screen while the rest of the action was up higher was just idiotic. I can't remember what anime got me started on subs, but except for all the older shows I originally watched in English I will always go for the subs. I almost always find Japanese voice acting to be far superior to the English counterpart.
    the same with me when i started watching animes i began with english dubbed ones and were really great ,the first anime i ever watched in my life was Hellsing then i watched Trigun(they were both english dubbed as i mentioned) and they were just great and in my opinion they're even better than the japanese original version ,then i started watching original japanese version animes and the first anime i watched was Chrno Crusade ,i've searched for english dubbed animes after that but they were really bad like D.N.A 2 and Vampire Princess Miyo
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Subtitles for sure!!!! Sometimes the dubling is just so terrible (like one english InuYasha dub.- it was terrible... and they had even the song dubbed!!!!!!!)

I hear how Japanese sounds, witch is really interesting too and can easily just read it all (I have quite a bad hearing... sometimes )

So sub. for sure!!!!!!!!

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

I HAVE A QUESTION!

I WOULD POST THIS IN A DIFFRENT THREAD BUT I'M IN FEAR THAT THEY WILL CLOSE IT BECAUSE IT SOUNDS TOO MUCH LIKE THIS THREAD

SO, WOULD YOU GUYS WATCH SUBBED ANIME IF THEY AIRED IT ON TV?

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerman View Post
    I HAVE A QUESTION!

I WOULD POST THIS IN A DIFFRENT THREAD BUT I'M IN FEAR THAT THEY WILL CLOSE IT BECAUSE IT SOUNDS TOO MUCH LIKE THIS THREAD

SO, WOULD YOU GUYS WATCH SUBBED ANIME IF THEY AIRED IT ON TV?
    What's with all the caps?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5