Closed Thread

Thread: Elemental Gelade

Otaku Laharl ex may be famous one day Laharl ex may be famous one day
    Thanks

Elemental Gelade

ANN:
    After a routine raid, the rookie sky pirate Cou finds a most unusual cargo in his mates' cargo hold: Ren, an "Edel Reid", a race prized by humans for granting special combat power to their partners through "Reacting". He quickly discovers, however, that Ren is even more prized than he expected. The pirate ship is visited by three members of the Edel Reid Complete Protection Agency "Arc Aire", who try to purchase her. When Cou refuses, the ship is suddenly attacked by a mysterious force, and Cou's captain charges him with Ren's protection.
    In this series, there are three human "species", humans, Edil Raid/Eden Reid and Sitting Raid. The Raids have magical power and can "react" with human beings. If they do so they become living weapons with several great abilities. Sitting Raid are artificially created Edil Raid. The sky pirate Could, the extremely stong and legendary, but newly awaken Edil Raid girl Ren and three members of Arc Aile, an Edil Raid protection organisation, are on a journey to the Edil Garden. On this "journey of love adventure" they experience many problems between the different species, because Edil and Sitting Raid are often used only as weapons, as well as fights between Arc Aile and "Chaos Choir", an organisation that wants the Edil Raid to rule the world. Due to the developing love between Ren and Could they can reunite humans and Edil Raid with an ancient song after many funny, exciting, but also tragic adventures. (Edil Raid songs, also called psalms, are used to set free immense magical power).
    This one got my attention for some reason. It's 26 eps and is being released rather soon I think, June 13. Anyone know if it's good? Anyone else waiting to see? It sounds fun. Kinda make me miss Skies of Arcadia.
    Last edited by Laharl ex; Apr 28, 2006 at 02:04 AM.

Otaku LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Elemental Gelade

Except for the stuff ANN spells wrong in that summary, yeah, it's a cool series.
    Eden Raid (not Edel Reid)
    Garden of Eden (not Edel Garden)
    Arc Aile (not Arce Aire)

That's so funny, because I actually had to write up a summary just last night for someone. This series rocks my socks. Ren is actually currently my desktop picture. ^_^
    I wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    There are 3 types of beings in the land of Guardia: Eden Raids, Sitting Raids, and humans. Humans have taken to the skies in numbers. Cou, short for Coud van Giruet, is a part of the sky-pirate ship Red Lynx, and during one particular heist, he finds in the loot a box with a girl inside. Almost immediately after awakening her, all sorts of people start showing up trying to get possession of her. Reverie Metherlance, Ren for short, is an Eden Raid, beings which were able to become weapons for their "Eden Raid Pleasure", or human partners. Ren is of particularly legendary lineage. When Cou finds himself at a disadvantage fighting to protect her, Ren, touched by his spirit and kindness, decides to “react” with him. After all the fighting is done, Ren reveals that she is trying to get to the Garden of Eden, where a voice is calling her. Wanting to protect her, Cou promises to make the journey with her. The two are joined by Cisqua, Rowen, and Kuea, who are members of Arc Aile, and organization supposedly dedicated to the happiness of Eden Raids. Because an Eden Raid can only join with one human at a time, all sorts of adversaries start showing up to try and kill Cou and take Ren, including Sitting Raids, which are like synthetic Eden Raids. Behind almost all of the attempts is the mysterious group Chaos Choir, who are responsible for creating the Sitting Raids. If Cou and Ren are to reach the Garden of Eden, they must become the ultimate partners to overcome all obstacles, from inside and outside the group.
    It's addictive, because there aren’t even any non-cliffhanger endings until like, episode 14. The animation is excellent, and the character designs are interesting and have unique styles. Don’t worry about the sound. The music is fantastic, with some choir stuff here and “adventure” music there. The voices are great, too. And since I to make them for the same person who needed the summary, here are some picture links to a few screenshots.
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64...ntarGerad1.jpg
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64...ntarGerad2.jpg
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64...ntarGerad3.jpg
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64...ntarGerad4.jpg
    "True kindness isn't something we're born with; it's something we have to work at. We have to mold it and shape it with ourselves. Not everyone has it, but I think everyone has the potential. Sometimes you just have to look really close before you can tell it's there." -- Kyoko Honda Fruits Basket
    ~ ~

Newbie XxStormySkyexX may be famous one day XxStormySkyexX may be famous one day XxStormySkyexX's Avatar
    Thanks

nope, havent even heard of this but... it sounds interesting. maybe i will check it out.
    Bitch. My picture got deleted.

Newbie outlawstar may be famous one day outlawstar may be famous one day outlawstar's Avatar
    Thanks

I have every episode on dvd. its a great series.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

It sounds interesting ... is it liscenced yet?

Closed Thread