Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: elfen lied

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Laharl ex View Post
    I never saw, I heard a lot of how it was bloody shallow anime with shock stuff. Kinda turns me off, but I already know I have bad tastes in anime.

From what I do know, the anime seems more it would be a comedy to me.
    Among the Anime review sites, the two best anime releases of last year were generally considered to be 'Gunslinger Girl' and 'Elfin Lied'... you can call it bloody, and lots of shock stuff, but one thing you can't say about this series is 'shallow'... (And by 'never saw' it, you missed one of the best horror anime series produced...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Laharl ex may be famous one day Laharl ex may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Anime reviews and reviews in general are flawed. Also, I don't exactly call blood and gore to be true 'horror.' I think I'll continue to pass this anime up.

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks
    ok suite yourself but it's very emotional. i cried on how the army trated them. it was wrong. and damn the demon kids for killing te dog

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Laharl ex View Post
    Anime reviews and reviews in general are flawed. Also, I don't exactly call blood and gore to be true 'horror.' I think I'll continue to pass this anime up.
    Your loss. You're missing out on a really good series. It made my own personal top 5. And no, it's not so much of a "horror" series as it is simply... gory. Either way, the plot and story are good. The characterization is great and everything slowly comes together as the story comes to an end. Many twists and turns, and every episode is worthy of the series. The music is beautiful, as is the ending and opening credits.

Don't pass it up.

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks
    i downloaded the song to my cell. it's a spanish song si i know what they are saying. and do you notice everytime a cherryblossom petal blows smething is about to happen

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    i downloaded the song to my cell. it's a spanish song si i know what they are saying. and do you notice everytime a cherryblossom petal blows smething is about to happen
    The song isn't spanish. It's Latin, from which spanish does root from, however. It's called Lilium.

As for the cherry blossoms... It's basically foreshadowing. Although cherry blossoms are not usually acredited to foreshadowing, rather like other things, like crows, are. Though I don't think the cherry blossoms always appear to indicate a future action, rather the cherry blossom is a constant occurance throughout the anime, probably to provide for some sort of symbol or metaphor of somekind. I'd have to watch the series again to tell you.

Thanks
    latin spanish wahtever i understand it and wait doesnt it mean it's spanish if it's latin? latino, latina? i see a a connection.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    latin spanish wahtever i understand it and wait doesnt it mean it's spanish if it's latin? latino, latina? i see a a connection.
    No. Latin is an ancient indo-european language originally spoken in the region surrounding Rome. It's no longer in use, nor is it native to anyone. Most of the people who speak it fluently are scholars.

Spanish is derived from vulgar Latin, and is the language you hear today.

Anyway, we're going off topic so let's end it there, but if you really must know more, just google it, or visit Wikipedia.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast