Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: English Dubbings.

Newbie Alec may be famous one day Alec may be famous one day Alec's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: English Dubbings.

Some are good, some are bad. At least they gave those who don't understand japanese some kind of an idea of what was going on in an anime.

The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

Newbie TheAmbushBegins may be famous one day TheAmbushBegins may be famous one day TheAmbushBegins's Avatar
    Thanks

Subtitles are the only! only! way to watch anime.

English voices do not go with Anime. It is a travesty, I swear it. FMA was horribly done Eva was horrible everything that they dub over has been horrible.

If anyone can tell me one, just one anime that sounds better dubbed I will personally never talk stuff on English dubs.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmbushBegins
    Subtitles are the only! only! way to watch anime.

English voices do not go with Anime. It is a travesty, I swear it. FMA was horribly done Eva was horrible everything that they dub over has been horrible.

If anyone can tell me one, just one anime that sounds better dubbed I will personally never talk stuff on English dubs.
    A little biased arent we?

English voices go very well with anime. Its just we dont have the budget to get the best actors. Seeing anime isnt as big here as japan.

If you want to see a good dub watch the hayao miyazaki films or cowboy bebop, yu yu hakusho, inuyasha, etc...

I love dubs, i dont see what so special about subs. I watched them and its kinda cool, but after a while i need to hear my own language.

Newbie TheAmbushBegins may be famous one day TheAmbushBegins may be famous one day TheAmbushBegins's Avatar
    Thanks

Cowboy bebop was okay but was definitly done better in Japanese.

Biased? of course I am, it's a question were you have to take a side and state your opinion :P

Otaku LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it's unfair to just immediately say "All dubs suck." There are some really awesome dub jobs out there. Granted, I'll be the first to admit that there are also some pretty awful dub jobs out there *coughfmacough*, but you can't judge all dubs by one bad one. That's called a stereotype, and those are bad. And you can't judge a dub entirely by Japanese standards either. It's in English now; it's going to be different. Sometimes they don't write a decent script; sometimes they can't translate the jokes right. It happens. Move on and find something better.

Take this to heart, everyone: "Dubs don't suck. Bad dubs suck."

Good Dubs:
    Saiyuki (not Reload or Gunlock, which were dubbed by a different company)
    Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok
    Cowboy Bebop
    Yu Yu Hakusho
    GetBackers
    Fruits Basket
    Golden Boy
    Samurai 7
    King of Bandits Jing
    Mars Daybreak
    Kaleido Star
    Mobil Suit Gundam
    Digimon (1st and 2nd seasons only)
    Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
    Naruto (some ppl think it isn't, but I think, considering all things, it is)
    Evangelion

the list goes on(but not now it doesn't because i'm tired of listing )

I really enjoy watching anime in the original Japanese, especially now that I'm learning the language and can understand some stuff. I like the English dubs, too though. In fact, I go out of my way to try and find good dubs.
    "True kindness isn't something we're born with; it's something we have to work at. We have to mold it and shape it with ourselves. Not everyone has it, but I think everyone has the potential. Sometimes you just have to look really close before you can tell it's there." -- Kyoko Honda Fruits Basket
    ~ ~

im a ninja-u cant c me bloodhawk may be famous one day bloodhawk may be famous one day bloodhawk's Avatar
    Thanks

there are some good animes with good dubs.

IM BACK

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fudo
    What can I say really, I don't like most english dubbings in anime.

I think Devilman was probaly the worse I've ever seen when it comes to the dubbings!

Dragonball Z which I don't really like had awful dubbings along with One piece.
    So did Poke'mon, they all sound so...so the same!
    Because there aren’t a thousand voice actors out there cheap or good enough at it to add the preferred range of voices and an actor can only change his/her voice so many ways. I don't think there are many bad dubs, frankly if all I am getting from particular anime is the how good the quality of the voice actors is...I would look at getting something different. I get too lost in the graphics and plot to give much of a flip about the quote unquote quality of the dub which frankly is a bunch of crap people harp on to push themselves into "supreme okatu" status. I have seen hundreds of anime and few have really noticeably bad dub quality. Heck I watched GITS:2 which is only in Japanese (which I don't speak) and rather enjoyed that movie given I had no idea what they were even saying and to me that is more noticeable than the "voice doesn't capture the essence of what the character is suppose to sound like." Give me a break.

Newbie GeminiEntity may be famous one day GeminiEntity may be famous one day
    Thanks

I prefer dubs for one main reason. I do not like having to read what everyone is saying when there is a version I can understand easily. I only watch subs when there is no dub.

To each his own...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast