Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: English Dubbings.

Otaku Clow Sakura may be famous one day Clow Sakura may be famous one day Clow Sakura's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: English Dubbings.

I never liked dubs... They changed the whole character from some of the anime I've watch
    Smileys + Me =

Newbie Fudo may be famous one day Fudo may be famous one day Fudo's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh sorry guys I did'nt realise you felt this way about hate threads, i'll make sure I nothing like this happens again.

~Fudo

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Clow Sakura
    I never liked dubs... They changed the whole character from some of the anime I've watch
    Thats because you started only watching subs and i grew up on dubs. So i like dubs. Im with CBH, if your critiquing the voice acting your not into and enjoying the anime.

Newbie animeguys4me may be famous one day animeguys4me may be famous one day
    Thanks

some dubs are ok, as long as they're uncut!

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

It's okay if the dubs keep the character's disposition. Coz I think everyone here has seen and hated english dubs which messed their cool character's look, attitude and stuff. So we can only hope tht english dubs get better.

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

i don't mind english dubs at all. i actually enjoy them over japanese because i have to look them up on websites, and then, i have to read the subtitles while watching the episodes...
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Otaku LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Clow Sakura
    But I have a counter to that. I've seen dubs that have no only suceeded in capturing the original character personality, but they've managed to translate all the jokes and puns and stuff in a way that shoves in your face "This is this character!"

Have you ever seen Saiyuki? Go find the dub and watch it. No, Reload or Gunlock will not do, they were dubbed differently. Go find the original season dub of Saiyuki, watch it, and be amazed. It is absolutely the best dub I've ever seen.

Seriously, go find any of the good dubs I listed, and watch them. You'll see that they've managed to keep all the character personalities undamaged and unaltered.
    "True kindness isn't something we're born with; it's something we have to work at. We have to mold it and shape it with ourselves. Not everyone has it, but I think everyone has the potential. Sometimes you just have to look really close before you can tell it's there." -- Kyoko Honda Fruits Basket
    ~ ~

??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Thanks

We do not allow Hate threads on AO

-closing-

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3