Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ergo Proxy

Otaku cerebrum has disabled reputation cerebrum's Avatar
    Thanks

Ergo Proxy

Has any heard of this anime, ERGO PROXY. I just recently viewed it (thanks for the recommendation SAYO). I only watched the first 3eps but that was enough to get me hooked. (no, this is not a drug ppl). I enjoyed the series so much, I just want to use this thread to both spread the word and recommend AO about this anime and obviously to discuss it. Hav fun.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=30454&dateline=115992  8199
Your Current Signature Picture
    Sig courtesy goes to : Sazuka. [Sig team]

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Ergo Proxy

Plot Summary: In a world where humans and androids, known as autoraves, live in relative peace, there exists a domed city named "Romudo". Under the implementation of complete management control, it is a paradise where feelings are literally discarded, and the governing council dictates the way of life the citizens should live. But this utopian landscape is soon broken by a series of mystifying murders. Lir Mayer, a female inspector from the Citizen Information Bureau, along with her autorave partner Iggy, are tasked to solve the murder cases. She is soon attacked by a creature drawn to her which is neither human nor android, and learns about the mysterious phenomena called "Awakening", an event which draws her further into the case...and to the world beyond the limits of Romudo.

Taken From:
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=5115

Sounds like a blending of mutilple elements from a few different animes but the combination merits enough uniqueness that it sounds interesting to me, it hasn't been release in the US yet (I think it is still running in Japan) so I haven't seen it or can speak much to it but the website looks nice and there seem to be some fansubs out there.

Official Website:
    http://www.ergoproxy.com/

Official Trailers:
    http://www.ergoproxy.com/trailer/index.html
    Last edited by Chiefblackhammer; Apr 09, 2006 at 10:13 PM.

Otaku cerebrum has disabled reputation cerebrum's Avatar
    Thanks

Check out 'YOU TUBE' my friend.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=30454&dateline=115992  8199
Your Current Signature Picture
    Sig courtesy goes to : Sazuka. [Sig team]

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

from wat i seen from the trailers (that i haven't got a clue wat they are saying) and from the reviews it seem like a very interesting anime. definately worth getting. to bad i'll have to wait a while till it gets released over here.

Newbie sayo may be famous one day sayo may be famous one day sayo's Avatar
    Thanks

wow....my word really spread, and youre welcome ^__^ its good isnt it?? i really enjoy its dark themes, and hurray for you tube lol

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cerebrum
    Check out 'YOU TUBE' my friend.
    Sorry, I prefer legal methods of watching my Anime, not to mention I don't speak or read japanese.

Newbie Alec may be famous one day Alec may be famous one day Alec's Avatar
    Thanks

sounds likes my kind of anime ^_^

The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

I've seen (and have) the first five episodes of Ergo Proxy (obtained illegally but I have no shame and it was worth downloading... I am a very evil little Asian person and I'm going to Hell just because the movie quality on YouTube usually sucks ass...)
    well... it was very jaw-dropping
    it was nice and dark and the music was great (anything with Radiohead deserves a thumbs-up)
    the action was nice and Real (Lil, Ril, or whichever you want to call her... "Real" -pronounced "Ree+al"- is her official name and it's even says so on her ID... look very carefully) was a badass heroine, echoing the Major from GITS:SAC with her stoic attitude and also echoing Triela from Gunslinger Girl (ooh... she gots a shotgun!)
    many people have told me that Real is the spitting image of Amy Lee, lead singer of Evanescence and to my surprise, I will have to agree with those people

the resemblence is scary, but who cares!
    lol, Real is one of my favorite characters on the show so far
    Vincent Law is winning me over with the whole mystery around him
    what exactly is his connection with Proxy? why does Proxy appear whenever he's around? what exactly is he?
    all these questions and more will be answered as the series progresses
    it will take some time
    new episodes come out sometimes weekly and the fan-subs usually follow after their release
    as of yet, they are at their fifth episode so... we must all wait to see what happens

Geneon already nabbed the license for Ergo Proxy last year so expect to see the dub out maybe late 2006 or perhaps 2007
    I love my girlfriend.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast